2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not worried about relegation for about 20 years but this is different. 2 points from 7 games with the fixtures we have coming up is properly worrying especially with a toxic goodison getting on their backs. The team is actually crap this time aswell, if you had to guess where a team with Townsend Gray Gordon Iwobi and Rondon playing regularly as attacking options was going to finish you’d say bottom 6 easy.
As a veteran of the Wimbledon and Coventry last game of season cliffhangers I'm hoping we don't end up in that situation again. You can't rule it out though. Well have to tough it out in our own mini league at the bottom and hope that January onwards we can start picking up the necessary points.

I have to admit, the divisive nature of the appointment may have actually got to the players, who now correctly perceive the manager has no actual support amongst the fan base - close to zero in fact - just a lot of people who are anti-Benitez and the rest who are fence sitters - and rapidly turning anti.

Much will depend on the reaction of the support to a potential heavy defeat against the RS.
It could turn destructively toxic in the aftermath of such a failure which is why appointing a man who lacked sufficient depth of goodwill to survive a poor run of form was madness.

He'll no doubt get a result (they've not won too many at GP to be fair), they'll also probably get stuck in and show "character". Then everything will simmer.

Or we'll get smashed

Much will depend on the reaction of the support to a potential heavy defeat against the RS.
It could turn destructively toxic in the aftermath of such a failure which is why appointing a man who lacked sufficient depth of goodwill to survive a poor run of form was madness.
Especially when the board knew they weren't going to back him in the summer window

I can believe that as he would want the confidence that Mosh would not pull the trigger easily

I can also believe that the trigger can be pulled without the £12M penalty depending on certain criteria (such as us losing constantly)
1 win in a 11 triggers the no pay out clause. Otherwise he'd surely be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.