2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends in what context.

In the football world, maybe not. Maybe he has got where he's got by being arrogant, stubborn, determined etc.

As an actual bloke I don't think there's any suggestion he's not a nice fella. The two can be separated out.

I definitely don't like Benitez the manager but won't resort to personal insults. He's just a bad manager.
I think he's just got an even worse bunch of players
If you had to choice managers who could keep a team up he would be one
Sad but probably true

Ah no need for that, tbf to the bloke he looks alright compared to how i remembered him.

he's a nice bloke, really great for the city, does tons for charity.

He's just a bad manager, now, in 2021.

I'd have him as DoF in a heartbeat.

I dislike the man, always have.

But leaving that aside and looking at his managerial performance objectively. He needs to mix it up now, lashing crosses in and countering was fine for the first few games of the season and teams didn’t know how we set up. But since West Ham teams know if you sit on Gray and Townsend shut them, down, we struggle for expansive play and lack cutting edge.

He needs to vary it now, teams know how to shut us down, we need a threat centrally coming from 10, Doucoure will help, but id put Gray at 10 as he has pace to break lines, but also has good distribution.

Ultimately while we all know our issues, the manager needs to reflect on his own performance, set up and tactics because it’s been found out and is now telegraphed. Whether he will or not is the question, he’s proud, self righteous and stubborn. The dogs in the street can see we’re sinking like a stone.

Last edited:
To be fair , if we can get more than his market value I'd sell . He's hardly outperforming anyone else in this average team lead by a very under average manager .
It's a conundrum, he is falling short leading the line but is starved of any support or service but he does cover a lot of ground and although not always noticed adds another element to our defense when needed. I think your point on "more than market value" is valid but who is gonna pursue that come January?

If it gives us funds for a few additions then it's a possibility but not if it goes to Benitez to spend.

You haven't missed anything apart from the RB out chants are SLIGHTLY louder but Davek and Forever are fighting an honourable and impressive rear guard action .

Thanks for the info.

Oh and

impressive rear guard action

2B8F6BE8-0A57-4120-8BD0-66297A706E1F.jpeg

It's a conundrum, he is falling short leading the line but is starved of any support or service but he does cover a lot of ground and although not always noticed adds another element to our defense when needed. I think your point on "more than market value" is valid but who is gonna pursue that come January?

If it gives us funds for a few additions then it's a possibility but not if it goes to Benitez to spend.
Newcastle might be good for a few bob however you made a good shout about not giving it to the Iberian idiot to spend . Or Brands . Or Mosh and certainly not Bill .

Yes, and they had a rubbish manager.

You tried to make a point by going to your extreme example of saying people are expecting us to be City or Chelsea or the RS. They aren't. They are expecting better than the drivel served up and rightly so.

Im lost mate I said the most talented players who also work hard tend to be at CL clubs.

Hence why James was at Everton then Al Shabab or wherever he's playing at now.

I think he's just got an even worse bunch of players
If you had to choice managers who could keep a team up he would be one
Sad but probably true

The players were 4th in March. Had Europe with 2 games to go last season. Should have got Europe. They haven't just turned into relegation fodder.

They are bad, the recruitment is awful, the top of the club is awful. But we've hired the totally wrong bloke to go with it.

Im lost mate I said the most talented players who also work hard tend to be at CL clubs.

Hence why James was at Everton then Al Shabab or wherever he's playing at now.
Well Everton were also so desperate to boot him out of the club because of the FFP issues but that's a different story.

His post match comments are of a man who is nearing the end of his stay, but has his head in the sand about it.

His pre-match comments were him basically going oh it's not my fault and laying flattery at Moshiri's door.

Good thing in a way with RB is he'll throw everybody under the bus to try and save himself, so maybe some heads will roll. But, it's all done out of self-preservation.

Have no doubt there'll be tons of pro-Benitez articles from his Red pals in the media this week.

That was everything they had.

How is that risible?

Because Tapas Tits is having a not so subtle dig at the fans.

The same fans, who got up at 4am to watch a game of footy, where the only game plan, was to web the ball up to a human bean bag and they had the cheek, to voice their displeasure at the end.

I mean, how dare they ????

That`s why.

Status
Not open for further replies.