2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOh do I win a prize? But we aren't on 7 games you silly sausage and it's the Benitez fanboys who brought in the 13 games.

We cannot afford to sack another manager, we need to stick by him and fund a new team.we would of all be happy with Carlo here this season and he did have the worst home record ever

People using Ancelotti's last 13 and Benitez first 13 as a marker, have you forgotten that everyone to a man thought our last 13 games were pretty much disgraceful and Benitez has a point less. Seems a strange thing to admit too personally.

Nobody is criticising Ancelotti; they're saying the squad perform to a pattern regardless of manager.

No you're segmenting it not me. Why have you called it three miracle games last year when we won four in a row? Because you thought the fourth one against Sheff Utd was winnable anyway obviously. Well that's exactly the point i'm making! I was very surprised when we beat Chelsea last year but I wasn't very surprised when we beat Arsenal both because we had been in good form by then and because they weren't very good anyway so I wouldn't have been surprised even if you'd asked me a couple of weeks earlier. The same is relevant now in that i'd be amazed if we got 9 points from the next 3 ONLY because i don't think we can win tonight. The next 2 I don't think we will win but I won't be shocked if we do and I won't be making excuses about them being expected losses if we don't because they are definitely winnable games.

Final try - ahead of the three games Ancelotti won, did you expect nine points, off the back of one win in seven games coming against lowly Fulham.

If not, why are you objecting to me calling it a 'miracle', when at the time it was widely agreed it was.

I have the answer already - it's because of your objective, single-minded hatred of Rafael Benitez. You won't give an inch, even when you are obviously completely wrong.

Final try - ahead of the three games Ancelotti won, did you expect nine points, off the back of one win in seven games coming against lowly Fulham.

If not, why are you objecting to me calling it a 'miracle', when at the time it was widely agreed it was.

I have the answer already - it's because of your objective, single-minded hatred of Rafael Benitez. You won't give an inch, even when you are obviously completely wrong.
How many times do you need me to answer? I didn’t expect us to get 9 points because I didn’t expect us to beat Chelsea. That does not translate to me believing that all three games can be banded together as a miracle. I have quite literally never seen or heard anybody do what you’re trying to do here it’s really something.

We'll improve with the January run regardless of what manager is in place, especially once Calvert-Lewin is back.

Nobody is saying Benitez is doing a good job. All people are saying is he's doing exactly what any other manager would be able to do with the shower of tossers at his disposal.

Yet the usual suspects on here won't acknowledge it, flat out refuse to acknowledge the obvious. Doesn't matter how many stats you throw at them or even what they see with their own eyes over years now, they just want Benitez out, regardless of logic and common sense. Who cares if sacking him further destroys our FFP standing and achieves literally nothing?

Self-entitled pathetic children.

EDIT: Oh, I used that stat the other day. I got told I was 'cherry picking' it and 'biased'.

They're idiots.
Hang on a moment.

If he didn’t do ridiculous things like leave 3 strikers on the bench when we are chasing a game at Brentford and persist with the worst centre forward since Brett Angell, then he might not be under so much scrutiny.

Don’t feel sorry for him, he’s brought a lot of this on himself.

How many times do you need me to answer? I didn’t expect us to get 9 points because I didn’t expect us to beat Chelsea. That does not translate to me believing that all three games can be banded together as a miracle. I have quite literally never seen or heard anybody do what you’re trying to do here it’s really something.

It's called 'form'. It's called not expecting the completely reversal of form out of the blue.

It's not my fault if you don't understand how it works.

Hang on a moment.

If he didn’t do ridiculous things like leave 3 strikers on the bench when we are chasing a game at Brentford and persist with the worst centre forward since Brett Angell, then he might not be under so much scrutiny.

Don’t feel sorry for him, he’s brought a lot of this on himself.

I doubt it as the 'scrutiny' was the same before a ball was kicked.

People on here have basically admitted facts don't matter, they just want him gone.

Yes, he's mismanaged several games, even when taken into consideration what he has. But that doesn't justify the vitriol after 13 games, not even close.

If two managers have a similar good start followed by a poor run , two seasons In a row.

It suggests the problem isn't the manager , it's the players. That's the only constant between ancelotti and benitez.

If two managers have a similar good start followed by a poor run , two seasons In a row.

It suggests the problem isn't the manager , it's the players. That's the only constant between ancelotti and benitez.
I have a different view...One just gave up and the other is just useless :(

I don't think anyone denies that now., we have a bunch of shithouses representing us that is undeniable but it is still the managers job to get the best out of them. we know on their day they can play.

The manager needs to get those days more often it's his job and a downfall for managers unfortunately is they take the fall for poor performances, it is the nature of the beast.

Any other manager would get more time but this always had the potential to turn toxic if we had a bad run. It's a crap situation but it is what it is, he has no leeway.

Tonight is his biggest test, he has the chance, with the right set up and mentality to be the first manager since Big Joe to win his maiden derby in charge and not only that, ensure that we win both league derbies in a calendar year for the first time in a generation

Status
Not open for further replies.