2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez has been here for 4 months of football. How do you believe he's destroeyd Everton? IT WAS DESTROYED BEFORE HE STEPPED THROUGH THE DOOR.

Mate...the same squad finished 10th with 59 points under Carlo. Our biggest defeat was 5.0 away to City at the end of the season.

Rafael has already seen 3.0, 5.2, now 4.1 hammerings in those 4 months with that squad that Carlo never did.

Its the wrong appointment. Clearly not taken the reigns from Carlo he's dismissed it and tried to do he's own thing. It's not working and he's too stubborn to change it.

I'm disappointed today. The RS only played at 25% of their normal effort.

They seem happy to house their old reject in the nursing home that is Everton.... It's not the Everton way. It's jobs for ex-blues not ex-reds.
Today was awful but nah mate, they were well up for it and blew us away for two 25 minute periods, one in each half.
Them being good is no surprise but us having absolutely no idea how to deal with it is not ok when we’re supposed to have a manager who knows how to put out a defence.

He's digging in with the backing of the owner.
throw-grenade.gif

Getting rid of James outside of the transfer window made absolutely no sense at all from a squad perspective.

It happened because the club are so f***** financially. I can't pin that on Benitez, but I doubt he'd have even used James if he'd have stayed.

But for a supposedly 'pragmatic' (he isn't pragmatic, he's just negative) manager, I've never seen us this badly organised.

It's not like we're open at the back because we try to attack. We're just a complete shambles.

It's Mike Walker levels of tactical set ups when you think about it Toff.

It's shambolic.

but for a poxy goal we'd have got the same result as Liverpool at Brentford. Liverpool would have beaten anyone tonight. We're just not getting the rub of the green at the moment, but it will turn. Once we can drop Godfrey for Mina, it will make a huge difference just like Doug has improved us. Once we get DCL back as well, we'll be fine
Come on Kev lad, share the lemo with the lads.

I think there's a realisation now that Benitez isn;t going anywhere.

That's the derby nightmare we all knew would happen and factored in out the way.

The team will be allowed to get results for a few weeks before any rip cord is pulled on Benitez.

Just my snap evaluation. ^^^ But it feels very much like that.

Hard to accept that we have slowly been reduced to this excuse of a club. Yes Rafael was an unacceptable appointment in my opinion but that’s only one element in a crumbling club. His set up and substitutions in so many games are beyond explanation.…… but others also have to shoulder the blame. Moshiri Brands kenwright are all culpable……Jesus the entire board need to look at themselves. We are only a couple of bad signings away from the Championship. So much wrong with this club will take an age to fix. Fed up constantly feeling deflated.

Getting rid of James outside of the transfer window made absolutely no sense at all from a squad perspective.

It happened because the club are so f***** financially. I can't pin that on Benitez, but I doubt he'd have even used James if he'd have stayed.

But for a supposedly 'pragmatic' (he isn't pragmatic, he's just negative) manager, I've never seen us this badly organised.

It's not like we're open at the back because we try to attack. We're just a complete shambles.
How many managers before we say its the players though? If we sack Benitez soon (I don't think we will) a new manager will get us that new manager bounce then DCL will come back and we'll look safe again and maybe get close to the European places but ultimately finish 10th (where I think we'll roughly end up with Benitez anyway) and then these players will down tools and look lost again under the new guy, rinse and repeat. We'll pick up points when DCL is back no matter the manager. Recruitment is our biggest issue - I don't think any manager in world football could make us a European side.

Status
Not open for further replies.