2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the same as Wilson’s one in the Guardian, and like that drivel appears to be mainly focused at supporting a source rather than an analysis of what is going wrong now.

Benitez doesn’t “deserve more time” - if he won’t change things after this run, after the utter failure of his player and his tactics, then the club have no alternative.

His mates in the Echo weighing in now too.

Right, so I've predicted basicallly the entirety of the season so far.

If Benitez stays, we'll stay up and finish around 13th/14th on a lower points total to last season but still comfortable.

If that happens, come back to me and acknowledge it. Bookmark this. If he's sacked deservedly by being under 20 points come January, then it's irrelevant, but in that case I'll make another prediction you can bookmark - the new manager thread in December 2022 will be full of people screaming for his head because we're in an almost identical position.

….I don’t think the position will be identical, whoever replaces him will not be an idol on the Kop who once belittled us publicly to gain greater favour with the cult.

What you’re saying is whoever is appointed is doomed to failure but I don’t think that’s the case. I have no idea who should come in but if the powers that be finally get one of these right then it will be progressive.

i do agree, though, that the clubs track record is appalling, none more so than hiring Benitez.

Said it before he’s turned us into his Newcastle side, ok saying he needs time and money but no amount of money is changing what he’s about and how he sets up, it’ll just mean new faces to play the same roles, it’s all he knows. Horrible dour manager

Watch him play on the growing disconnect between the fans and board now aswell to save himself

Said it earlier in the week it just feels like the wrong kind of momentum is building. All sorts of things feel wrong.

For a manager who is meant to be safety first and organised, he sure ain't instilling those qualities in his team. Sure, no one wants to see dreadful footie, but that seems to be the way this squad has got results under the last few regimes, especially when injuries etc have bitten.

Worrying.

….I don’t think the position will be identical, whoever replaces him will not be an idol on the Kop who once belittled us publicly to gain greater favour with the cult.

What you’re saying is whoever is appointed is doomed to failure but I don’t think that’s the case. I have no idea who should come in but if the powers that be finally get one of these right then it will be progressive.

i do agree, though, that the clubs track record is appalling, none more so than hiring Benitez.
There is literally not a single appointment more distasteful than Benitez. I have been many things as an Evertonian, but I am embarrassed today to be a fan. That’s new.

I said this when Carlo went. Whoever came in needed time and the first season would be a chance to show some changes regardless of league position (relegation not withstanding). As long as there was a plan, an idea, that continued what Carlo did and adjusted things so that you could see germination of something to continue to the next season.

Benitez has torpedoed that. From formation to defence. He's done what I think even flavour of the month managers would do and think that this squad is "more" than it is. Your Potter's and Favre's would fall into the exact same trap.

We're not a footballing team. We're a disorganised patch work, a Frankenstein's monster of a squad, that if it isn't organised, drilled, and pragmatic is a complete mess.

Said it earlier in the week it just feels like the wrong kind of momentum is building. All sorts of things feel wrong.

For a manager who is meant to be safety first and organised, he sure ain't instilling those qualities in his team. Sure, no one wants to see dreadful footie, but that seems to be the way this squad has got results under the last few regimes, especially when injuries etc have bitten.

Worrying.

And that's the big thing. Where's the defensive shape? The organisation? Hard to beat. Carlo did it last year with the same players.

Benitez just seems to be taking the mick. And I'm being serious.

He really is not a nice character, always blames everyone / everything else apart from himself. Just open your eyes you useless paella guzzling baboon.

….he’s an unpleasant man and particularly egotistical which aren’t the worst traits for a football manager but it’s catastrophic if he’s also a poor coach.

Last edited:
Right, so I've predicted basicallly the entirety of the season so far.

If Benitez stays, we'll stay up and finish around 13th/14th on a lower points total to last season but still comfortable.

If that happens, come back to me and acknowledge it. Bookmark this. If he's sacked deservedly by being under 20 points come January, then it's irrelevant, but in that case I'll make another prediction you can bookmark - the new manager thread in December 2022 will be full of people screaming for his head because we're in an almost identical position.
Needs to be gone now, was there, very poor from the players admittedly but he is clueless, devoid of idea, devoid of any love for the club and sitting on his 7-8 mill per season to possibly oversee a relegation battel.

Sack him now!

was an embarrassment last night, totally and utterly ashamed of the players as apart from 10-15 mins we werent even at the races and we only had 3 players out really, so no nonsense about the injury list, its on him and the board and he is the first casualty.

Said it before he’s turned us into his Newcastle side, ok saying he needs time and money but no amount of money is changing what he’s about and how he sets up, it’ll just mean new faces to play the same roles, it’s all he knows. Horrible dour manager

Watch him play on the growing disconnect between the fans and board now aswell to save himself

He doesn't need time and money to make us look like a solid, hard to beat outfit. Ground work was left from last season...

He's even brought in more pace and mobility to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.