2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands signed Gray, having scouted Leverkusen. Benitez signed Townsend and the duds.
How convient you come with this piece of information now when he's under pressure.
Why didn't you react to this when he was signed on practically the same day as Townsend.

He signed Gray. End off.

Thing that annoys me most with this is that ppl like Brands get exactly what they wanted with narratives like these: a spanish scapegoat and a fifth chance at squandering money in the near future.

How convient you come with this piece of information now when he's under pressure.
Why didn't you react to this when he was signed on practically the same day as Townsend.

He signed Gray. End off.

Thing that annoys me most with this is that ppl like Brands get exactly what they wanted with narratives like these: a spanish scapegoat and a fifth chance at squandering money in the near future.
Thing is, we don't know. We know that Brands has scouted Leverkusen extensively for last couple of seasons as he was deciding on Leon Bailey. So he has been there and will have seen Gray and been aware of his low release clause.

Benitez has also, weirdly in my opinion, apparently been texting Gray despite not having a job after meeting him once when he played against Newcastle.

Gray has come out and said both of them convinced him to join.

Both of them could have wanted him at the same time.

Potter this season 9 games without a win. Last season 9 games without a win. Season before 9 games without a win.

You lot claim he's the 2nd coming of God.

Nuno last season 8 games without a win.

I'm talking all defeats though from the start of the season. Not a run of 8 games during the season where you've drawn half of them.

By sacking Benitez it just gives these players, Clowns another chance ie free ride until the new man can see that their awful, meanwhile they run another 18 months down of their luxury contracts and then end up ushering that player out of the door for zilch.
Other clubs then Villa Newcastle etc then become strong forces in the league and we then fall further behind.

Like it or lump it we are going into the abyss, so fans can argue amongst themselves saying its Kopite behaviour to walkout on the 27th minute etc and then others saying just get behind the team and support them.

A lot of fans like myself who have supported the team for over 50 odd years are sick and tired of this embarrassing club because that is exactly what we are now a shambles with no direction.

To sit there the other night and watch that lot take the p!#$ out of us on the field and in the stands was one of the lowest points in my time as an Evertonian.

I fancied our chances against Arsenal and then compared the teams for Monday...

• RAMSDALE
  • TOMIYASU
  • WHITE
  • GABRIEL
  • TIERNEY
  • GABRIEL MARTINELLI
  • PARTEY
  • SAMBI LOKONGA
  • SAKA
  • SMITH-ROWE
  • LACAZETTE

• PICKFORD
  • COLEMAN
  • KEANE
  • MINA - GODFREY
  • DIGNE
  • DOUCOURÉ
  • ALLAN
  • TOWNSEND
  • GRAY
  • GORDON
  • RICHARLISON

The gulf in quality up front and in defence is stark

By sacking Benitez it just gives these players, Clowns another chance ie free ride until the new man can see that their awful, meanwhile they run another 18 months down of their luxury contracts and then end up ushering that player out of the door for zilch.
Other clubs then Villa Newcastle etc then become strong forces in the league and we then fall further behind.

Like it or lump it we are going into the abyss, so fans can argue amongst themselves saying its Kopite behaviour to walkout on the 27th minute etc and then others saying just get behind the team and support them.

A lot of fans like myself who have supported the team for over 50 odd years are sick and tired of this embarrassing club because that is exactly what we are now a shambles with no direction.

To sit there the other night and watch that lot take the p!#$ out of us on the field and in the stands was one of the lowest points in my time as an Evertonian.
You are my soul mate ..I take it you live near GP. I need a very long trip but I love her

Brands signed Gray, having scouted Leverkusen. Benitez signed Townsend and the duds.

Benitez came out and said he had texted him ages ago, so unless you’ve got proof that wasn’t part of the reason he joined, I’m not sure you’ve got a leg to stand on saying it was a Brands signing.

Gray has also come out and said it’s great to have a manager who believes in him.

He added: “Speaking to the manager and (director of football) Marcel Brands, I had a really good feel for the club and I feel this is a place where I can continue to develop.

“Collectively with what Marcel and the manager have said to me, everything fits, including the club’s ambitions and goals.

Last edited:

I fancied our chances against Arsenal and then compared the teams for Monday...

• RAMSDALE
  • TOMIYASU
  • WHITE
  • GABRIEL
  • TIERNEY
  • GABRIEL MARTINELLI
  • PARTEY
  • SAMBI LOKONGA
  • SAKA
  • SMITH-ROWE
  • LACAZETTE

• PICKFORD
  • COLEMAN
  • KEANE
  • MINA - GODFREY
  • DIGNE
  • DOUCOURÉ
  • ALLAN
  • TOWNSEND
  • GRAY
  • GORDON
  • RICHARLISON

The gulf in quality up front and in defence is stark

They are a much better team but we can still win on Monday. Outside the top 3 you've got a decent chance against any of the teams at home.

Hes actually quite media savy, - id like to think most Evertoinans have to much sense to fall for it - Deflection all over the show!

"The fans know that the club has sacked to many managers and things haven't improved".

No 1. You dont speak for the fans.

No 2. Do we really want a manager who is playing internal club politics with our board in the media to save his own brand/skin.

It was always going to be a divisive appointment, he cant help himself.

Oh all he's got is his PR stunt now mate but thankfully most fans are now already not falling for it.

That's all he did in the summer, btw. Come in and say he'll get us to run more and fans lapped it up because you have people who genuinely think that's what footy is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.