2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im honestly not bothered if he stays or goes the problems go much further than the manager.

I've said from day one of his appointment we need stability and an experienced hand to rebuild the squad whilst the stadium is built.

If thats Benitez so be it.
For someone whose not bothered if he stays or goes - the amount of in depth posts fighting his corner is something else.

For what it’s worth - I actually thought he was a sensible ish choice in the end, I’ll happily state that it looks like I was wrong right now though. We haven’t won a game since September with performances getting worse and I think he needs to go before the fanbase has any chance of being United again.

Signed Glen Johnson for a fee of £18m - which at the time was the 3rd highest for a RB (behind Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos).

£20m for Robbie Keane, before selling him 6 months later for an initial fee of £12m.

Sold Michael Owen for £8m and got Antonio Nunez in return as his replacement - played 27 times and scored once before being sold.

Aquilani for £20m, sent out on loan after 28 games and eventually sold for an 'undisclosed fee'.

His signings at Newcastle were absolutely average at best and ironically the worst ones were brought in for the highest fees. If he's left in charge of our transfers next this could be a disaster.
His transfer dealings at Newcastle doesn’t fill you with confidence.

For someone whose not bothered if he stays or goes - the amount of in depth posts fighting his corner is something else.

For what it’s worth - I actually thought he was a sensible ish choice in the end, I’ll happily state that it looks like I was wrong right now though. We haven’t won a game since September with performances getting worse and I think he needs to go before the fanbase has any chance of being United again.
It’s definitely spiralling downwards now. Performances abject and noises starting about players not being happy. We‘ve been here before.

I fight his corner because he gets unfair stick.

He's in a bad run at the moment and deserves criticism for our winless run - yet he was getting flack when we were winning games 3-1 and signing free transfers who shock horror aint CL quality.

If people were fair with their criticisms I wouldn't feel the need to fight any corner would I?

The anti Benitez calls are getting silly now . He is here to stay now after winning the battle with brands. Like him , hate him or be indifferent he’s our manager and we as fans have to support him and the team to try and get us out of this mess. Brands for me has been a waste of time as we bought badly and continued to do so . Everyone is moaning about rondon as he was a Rafael signing that we can all see has failed but he was only meant to be third choice behind DCL and Ricky but that hasn’t panned out due to injuries.. Same moaners don’t mention gray and how much he is worth already !! Also next 4 games are tough but everybody saying we will loose them all is crazy ..maybe we will but calling it in advance is not great support I am afraid .. I am as disillusioned as everybody but we need Rafael at the moment to try and steady this ship !!!

Look at all the "sensible" posters revelling in the fact they get their kopite remaining in charge as we drop to 16th after our biggest home derby loss for decades, the worst form in the league which is total relegation form, 5 points from the bottom 3 who are all picking up more points than we are while we have 2 points from the last 21.

Sensible.....

Hes sunk lower in my opinion blaming this situation on a Dof getting someone the sack for his own inadequacies, it's never his fault attitude, Fkn horrible human being, I was with him until now.
Tbh imo Brands needed to go, bit so does Benitez I actually even as an ex red manager thought he was a good manager, tbh he’s one of the poorest we have had, I’m extremely disappointed. It’s going some waYouTube I think I’d prefer big sam in charge as least he never looked totally lost in the dig out, Benitez looks as bad a Koeman did in his final days here.

Status
Not open for further replies.