2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm saying 70% A and 30% B. Lot's of pressure on us tonight and the character to come from a goal down in that scenario can't be understated, against anyone.

Got a snaeaky feeling though he will immediately go back to 4-4-1-1 against Palace though, sadly.
And if he does then it shows that he hasn't a clue about formations at all and needs to be sacked.

I'm not even getting into the manager on this. Mina is too unreliable to offer a new contract. Its a shame but we cant lose him on a free so find a buyer who wants to offer 20m and reinvest.
our best defender, it is a massive shame

he keeps getting rushed back because he's our best defender

we do need another one

Delph, Doucoure and Allan have been fit for the past two games, both against teams who played three man midfields and walked all over us in that area of the pitch.

He played three in midfield against Spurs with Townsend in there and that was the only game we didn't have 3 CMs available for, then he changed it to 4411 again for City, Brentford and Liverpool.

Now he's got the players fit then there is no excuse. He didn't start it again today, did he.

Because Gomes isn't fully fit, nowhere near actually. Neither was/is Delph, he could only do 60 minutes, he's been out a long time - and he's crap. Gbamin crocked and will never be the same player and again highlights how long it takes to resume full fitness, and it's only now that even Doucoure is fully fit.

We've just seen what happened to Mina when rushed back, it doesn't end well.

Those attacking options have been in place for the last 6 weeks bar Doucoure and Gomes.

Gomes isn't so amazing that he changed the game because of his quality. He changed the game because it changed the shape. We've had three midfielders to pick from every week for the last two months.

So they weren’t there where they?

Gray missed the Brentford game, so did Richarlison. Gomes is only just back.
Doucoure is only just back.

What are you talking about?

I don't think they were awful and that's unfair on our players who actually bust a gut and at times made Arsenal look awful. We got lucky at the end with Auba being off form I'll admit.
first half they were very poor, I think we did well to keep them down mind but they woke up once and carved through us

No I’m not. A fully fit motivated Gomes in top form is useful to Everton. We haven’t ever seen him though since the Silva days. He is still a better option to have on the bench from an attacking perspective than any other of our midfielders though.

It’s not rocket science. The manager has more options to win games when he has his best players fit in the starting line up and some options off the bench. When he’s not got his best players fit, and a lack of options off the bench, it’s a lot harder to win games.
You literally said that even when fit he is utterly useless and now saying he is useful when fit? Same injuries to our first 11 today as the derby. Injuries is a crap excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back