2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

O yeah totally, look at Kenwright, change was needed there, but as it turned out we didnt go forward with a new majority sharholder we actually went backwards, nothing comes with a guarantee, but the changes Rafael is making just gives us a better chance
How's it giving us a better chance? There's no way of knowing that.

Essentially he could have us finishing mid table, but with all his own people and own players such as rondon, who think like him and follow all his instruction, and then he leaves, a new manager comes in and we are back to square one but with a load more but slightly different dross on the books like longstaff.

Benitwz isn't a long term appointment and is going to help us in that sense. Unless our next manager plays similar style of football which so far hasn't been great.

Well I don't think he's actually *that* bad defensively, he's just better going forward. He's been in and out at Inter. He's not really a wing-back. He didn't play there a lot for PSV and it was really only at Euro 2020 that he played game in game out there, and now has been asked to do that role again with Inter but in a very specific way.

He'd have been a good addition. I still think there was more to it than just Benitez saying no, but it does seem Brands had a deal lined up.
I genuinely think Brands expected to have people out the door by then and money in (James for instance) and it never happened. Inter came in with actual money and the rest is history

Essentially he could have us finishing mid table, but with all his own people and own players such as rondon, who think like him and follow all his instruction, and then he leaves, a new manager comes in and we are back to square one but with a load more but slightly different dross on the books like longstaff.

Benitwz isn't a long term appointment and is going to help us in that sense. Unless our next manager plays similar style of football which so far hasn't been great.
Our injuries and scouting have been woeful for time and called out on here constantly. RB has got rid of/ they quit, the people responsible for those things. You would imagine, though cannot be certain, they will be replaced by better candidates

I think Moshiri thinks otherwise and you and a few others on here are going to be in for a shock of how long he'll be given at the club.

I did tell you all :coffee:

When did he sign? I fell asleep in December, missed Christmas and woke up in January?

Just got reminded of the time he fell out the Alonso and wanted Gareth Barry to replace him.

No diss on Barry but Alonso made that team and went to Real and Bayern and won every international and domestic cup he was involved with apart from the premier league.

So....
Wasn’t Gerrard partially responsible for that too? I seem to recall an interview during an internal tournament where Barry said Gerrard had been bigging him up to Benitez and was pushing to get Liverpool to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.