2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine. But the problem with that is you'll always think it's the wrong manager until you give them time.

Bring in Potter, Howe et al and see them have a run and the fans scream 'out of their depth' and calling for their head. You know it, deep down you know it.
Now you're talking...I'd bite your hand off for Potter. See how many injuries he has to deal with? See his budget? If he had a decent striker(funnily enough, we do) they'd be flying. Entertaining football too, and most importantly modern football. Benitez is 'out of his depth' and past it now

I've always tried to maintain a pragmatic approach with Rafael Benitez.

I tried to understand it. The boards contract with Ancelotti left us in the lurch and I preferred Benitez to Howe or Nuno Santo.

I've said since day one give the fella some time but Everton should be replacing him at their convenience, and not when it gets vicious and desperate.

Treat him as interim. Treat him as we did Sam Allardyce but don't give him money if we can spend. Don't give him autonomy. Don't allow him to leave any stamp on the club. He's here for a transitional season - fans will never fully accept him so he's never a man to build anything around.

But huge concerns the past couple of weeks that this isn't a pragmatic appointment. Moshiri give a new contract to our DOF in April and sacked him at the first sign of discontent.

We have a owner who seems to have fallen under Benitez' spell.

Make no mistake - this manager will leave us in a worse state than what he inherited.

The away fans shouts of fat Spanish waiter and red and white shi*e after them subs sums it up. Stick a fork in the pig, he’s done.

When the loyal fans who travel 300 miles plus o watch that turn on you there’s no way back

….according to @4737carlin, the away fans are the ‘Rafael fan club’. Imagine an Evertonian even thinking that about a truly great group of travelling fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.