2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you imply we've gone into a nosedive since the first few wins as a result of the poor style. No, the nosedive was cos of the tough run, and the horrendous injury list, and a dreadful squad which meant we had to play unfit players. But last few games we've beaten one of the form teams in the league and drew away at Chelsea when they've just won the CL and are gunning for the league. He based his whole recruitment strategy (all £1.7m) around having dcl popping in goals, only to lose him for the whole run, He's been here two minutes and already his qualities are evident. I don't know of another manager who could have got that result at Chelsea, or who is more suited to the clean out at FF we desperately need. Unlike Carlo, he is committed to the area and super motivated to succeed. We know he knows how to win. He's done it his whole career. We are very lucky to have him. The alternatives for chrissakes are Lampard Nuno and Rooney. Let's just be grateful we have a professional in charge to right the ship and clean up the mess.
And you imply his tactics and style of play have no impact and its all on reasons out of his control. Tough run? Our first 10 games were considered the 2nd easiest in the league. It went off a cliff before we got to the teams like Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

Lucky to have him? That's a joke. He is here for the 8m a year.

I am confident that if people (not you) compare those wins to the games we played last year under Ancelotti most people will agree the games this season were better. If you are complaining though about 3-1 wins when we come from behind to win scoring brilliant goals then it is clear that as far as you are concerned it doesn't matter what he does you will find fault. So there doesn't seem much point in discussing the merits.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

And you imply his tactics and style of play have no impact and its all on reasons out of his control. Tough run? Our first 10 games were considered the 2nd easiest in the league. It went off a cliff before we got to the teams like Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

Lucky to have him? That's a joke. He is here for the 8m a year.
he was on £12m in china. its not about the money. do you know any other CL winning managers who are happy to stick around with a team with no money and a dreadful squad?

I guess most fans of any club are thrilled when some billionaire buys their club. It raises hopes about the possibility of competing with the top clubs. I am totally ignorant about big business and how the various winners became billionaires, except maybe that Russian louse who cashed in during the collapse of the Soviet Union. I doubt that Chelsea fans give a toss how he made his money all those years ago. It is hard not to form an opinion on Moshiri that he appears to be clueless regarding football, but may have taken bad advice. We misspent his money that is for sure. Hopefully he will have learned a lesson and will continue to invest hopefully to better effect at Everton. We need loads of loot to succeed in this game.
That all depends on what stories you want to believe though. Whilst there is no doubting that some of the signings under both Walsh and Brands have been dubious and certainly some of the contracts Walsh handed out were just plain ridiculous (based on the player) There has been reports from the likes of Kirkbride that both stayed within their budgets and it was actually Moshiri who over rode both to appease various managers (signing James for Carlo for eg) that have led us to the issues with FFP which we have now.

He doesn't deserve a chance it's just a case of whether the club decide to give him one or not. He shouldn't have been appointed in the first place but he was and it's now put them in a very awkward position where they have to decide whether to back him or not even if things start to look extremely bleak our best players want to leave and the fans are mutinous.
I honestly do not believe management are not in an awkward position at all, I think RB is rock solid in his job.

Being dictated to by a guy who has no "official" links to us is not a good thing mate, I'm not sure why you think it is.

Usmanov will be pumping what? around £40-50 million in a season for the naming rights for BMD + FF.

I have no doubt Mr Usmanov would be owner if modern football wasn't corrupt trying to stop owners from ploughing their own money in.

Moshiri is the stooge to get around FFP as much as possible imo always has been the "public face" of our ownership.

I certainly dont believe Moshiri is our owner.

I honestly do not believe management are not in an awkward position at all, I think RB is rock solid in his job.
Well that's exactly what makes it an awkward position isn't it. He's managed the club to it's worst run of results in 20 odd years with our worst possession figures since records began and the fans in the stands are openly hostile towards him and yet his job is seemingly rock solid. It's hard to see how the position could be any more awkward to be honest but I have a horrible feeling we'll find out soon enough.

he was on £12m in china. its not about the money. do you know any other CL winning managers who are happy to stick around with a team with no money and a dreadful squad?

Yes, ones whose last Premier League team had a dreadful squad too.

The difference being that the chairman of that club, was having non of his manipulation or power play.

Hence why he ended up in that hot bed of global footballing talent, the land of the Corona Fried Bat Burger.

That all depends on what stories you want to believe though. Whilst there is no doubting that some of the signings under both Walsh and Brands have been dubious and certainly some of the contracts Walsh handed out were just plain ridiculous (based on the player) There has been reports from the likes of Kirkbride that both stayed within their budgets and it was actually Moshiri who over rode both to appease various managers (signing James for Carlo for eg) that have led us to the issues with FFP which we have now.
My ignorance is total when it comes to who recommended who and the details of their subsequent contracts. I just look at the monkey on the pitch and form a judgement whether they turn out to be good signings or otherwise. Occasionally it may be just bad luck? I believe Klassen has done ok at a big club since he left.

Usmanov will be pumping what? around £40-50 million in a season for the naming rights for BMD + FF.

I have no doubt Mr Usmanov would be owner if modern football wasn't corrupt trying to stop owners from ploughing their own money in.

Moshiri is the stooge to get around FFP as much as possible imo always has been the "public face" of our ownership.

I certainly dont believe Moshiri is our owner.
Well it's him listed in all the records, if (as you say) it's not then god knows what is going tbh, I think we really are just a basket case of a club tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.