2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly so but we are talking here about contracts given to football managers which are probably amongst the most notoriously stupid get rich quickly jobs available No way you can call a person a thief for taking advantage of the clubs stupidity
You did say 'as in any business', to be fair.

We knew it wouldn't be easy, and that it was a big challenge, both emotionally and in terms of sport. My love for this city, for Merseyside and its people, made me accept this challenge, but it is only when you are inside that you realise the magnitude of the task. From the very first day, my staff and myself worked as we always do, with commitment and full dedication, we didn't only have to get results, but we also had to win over people's hearts. However, the financial situation and then the injuries that followed made things even harder. I am convinced that we would have been better once the injured players were back and with the arrival of the new signings. The road to success isn't easy and sadly, nowadays in football there is a search for immediate results and there is always less and less patience; unfortunately circumstances have determined the results and it won't be possible to continue this project.

In any case, thank you to the Board, to the staff, to the players, and to those fans who have supported us during this time.

My best wishes for EFC.

No self reflection. No admission of any mistakes. No contrition. Ego intact.

The guy is an absolute sociopath. He’s not well.

Standard announcement wasnt it? What was missing?
Using his surname only, not wishing him well in the future. It is simple courtesy. Everton did this in the past when Carey was sacked. We should be better than that.

Yes he will get well paid for this mess of 200 days but it was our Board that appointed him.

He is a human but Reid Stubbs and even Souness nailed that he was wrong for EFC. The fact that our clowns gave him the job is their fault, not his.

F....... if SSN show those RS chanting his name again I will put my foot through the telly.

Using his surname only, not wishing him well in the future. It is simple courtesy. Everton did this in the past when Carey was sacked. We should be better than that.

Yes he will get well paid for this mess of 200 days but it was our Board that appointed him.

He is a human but Reid Stubbs and even Souness nailed that he was wrong for EFC. The fact that our clowns gave him the job is their fault, not his.

F....... if SSN show those RS chanting his name again I will put my foot through the telly.

The official twitter account used his full name.
I actualy think thanking him in this case would be to false. Thanks for being a disaster.
I'd usually agree with you on this one. Just act a professional. But it would just be a lie.

We knew it wouldn't be easy, and that it was a big challenge, both emotionally and in terms of sport. My love for this city, for Merseyside and its people, made me accept this challenge, but it is only when you are inside that you realise the magnitude of the task. From the very first day, my staff and myself worked as we always do, with commitment and full dedication, we didn't only have to get results, but we also had to win over people's hearts. However, the financial situation and then the injuries that followed made things even harder. I am convinced that we would have been better once the injured players were back and with the arrival of the new signings. The road to success isn't easy and sadly, nowadays in football there is a search for immediate results and there is always less and less patience; unfortunately circumstances have determined the results and it won't be possible to continue this project.

In any case, thank you to the Board, to the staff, to the players, and to those fans who have supported us during this time.

My best wishes for EFC.

Pretty classy I guess.

Glad he's gone though

The official twitter account used his full name.
I actualy think thanking him in this case would be to false. Thanks for being a disaster.
I'd usually agree with you on this one. Just act a professional. But it would just be a lie.
What was put on the media did not use his full name. I agree he was a disaster but it was the Board that hired him.

Yes he needed to go.

It costs nothing to wish someone well in the future. I just felt the statement was beneath what this club is about. As posted elsewhere I suppose we have history with sacking a manager in a taxi.

Lord, I really am losing the will with this club after 52 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.