Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH72

Player Valuation: £100m
I think this deserves its own thread because it’s getting beyond a joke now. This season in particular I’ve noticed things start to veer away from incompetence and into the realms of suspicious.

Last night was the most overtly bent display of refereeing I’ve seen in an Everton game since... well, since Chris Kavanagh the other week. And erm... whoever the clown shoes team on the VAR was against Southampton. I’m not normally a refereeing conspiracy theorist, but since the introduction of VAR I’m becoming more and more suspicious that there’s some sort of, how should I put it. “Special operation” going on to actually relegate us. Is it possible for an independent body to investigate what’s going on behind the scenes here as I feel like the Premier League and the referees association absolutely stink to high heaven.

I think this deserves its own thread because it’s getting beyond a joke now. This season in particular I’ve noticed things start to veer away from incompetence and into the realms of suspicious.

Last night was the most overtly bent display of refereeing I’ve seen in an Everton game since... well, since Chris Kavanagh the other week. And erm... whoever the clown shoes team on the VAR was against Southampton. I’m not normally a refereeing conspiracy theorist, but since the introduction of VAR I’m becoming more and more suspicious that there’s some sort of, how should I put it. “Special operation” going on to actually relegate us. Is it possible for an independent body to investigate what’s going on behind the scenes here as I feel like the Premier League and the referees association absolutely stink to high heaven.

Right at the end of the game Lewin was blatantly shoved right in front of the ref, I could see it was blatant from where I was but the ref waved played on. I know there were plenty of other examples in the game but that was the one that just proved beyond doubt the refs incompetence. By the way, the baldy linesman was no better.

Yeah I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but it definitely feels like the fix is in right now

Referees like Lampard said last night have no balls!

VAR was brought in to rectify mistakes and make sure big decisions are correct, I'm with you this is beyond incompetence, im not saying its against just us but it 10000% favours the big sides, change the venue and colour of the shirt and that tackle wouldnt even go to VAR, the Rodri handball 1000% gets given, blatant penalty against Southampton.

IMO VAR shouldnt get involved unless they spot the error thats clear! Not make the referee question his own decision.

I'd prefer to put it down to complete and utter incompetence as for it to be a conspiracy would need lots of people to be involved which would make it impossible to be kept quiet. I think we're seeing some of the worse decisions being made against us because we only see those decisions but i reckon lots of other teams have legitimate gripes. I do think though that there is a massive bias to how decisions are looked at across the board from the media to the officiating with for instance Gordon going down for a penalty last night after stepping across the Newcastle defender and him making contact with Gordon. This was described as Gordon knows what he's doing and so wasn't a penalty but i would guarantee if it had been Salah it would have been described as Salah was clever putting his body in a position to make the Newcastle defender foul him and that there was enough contact for a penalty. Not incompetence but a different view being applied.

They simply can’t all be this incompetent. They are following instructions in Everton games imo.
1647593114022.jpeg

Referees like Lampard said last night have no balls!

VAR was brought in to rectify mistakes and make sure big decisions are correct, I'm with you this is beyond incompetence, im not saying its against just us but it 10000% favours the big sides, change the venue and colour of the shirt and that tackle wouldnt even go to VAR, the Rodri handball 1000% gets given, blatant penalty against Southampton.

IMO VAR shouldnt get involved unless they spot the error thats clear! Not make the referee question his own decision.

There should be no such thing as “Stockley Park”. VAR should just be a screen at the side of the pitch that the referee can choose to go over and look at if he’s in doubt about a major decision. This system as it is now just enables and facilitates corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.