Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posters appear to want us to fail, possibly to gain some credibility for their ridiculous entrenched views. If people cannot see that we are substantially better than last year, then they need their eyes testing and to give their head a wobble.

I don't know what people expected coming from "a near death" experience last year, but we ain't running any marathons this year, we'll be lucky to compete in the egg & spoon. We won't be relegated though.

To me it looks like we are going all out for the win at Goodison and steadying the ship away from home.

Being strong at home is enough to give us a good season IMO and along the way we pick up the odd win and draws.

The Southampton and Fulham games are ones we would have lost last season.

To me it looks like we are going all out for the win at Goodison and steadying the ship away from home.

Being strong at home is enough to give us a good season IMO and along the way we pick up the odd win and draws.

Probably Brentford too

Maybe, but we also beat Man United and Chelsea at home last year, didnt we? We are more solid defensively for sure, but we are also weaker offensively by the looks of it.
Averaging a point a game over a season will have us in trouble no matter how solid we are defensively. Need 6 points from the next two games to say we are unlikely to be in the mix come may.

Maybe, but we also beat Man United and Chelsea at home last year, didnt we? We are more solid defensively for sure, but we are also weaker offensively by the looks of it.
Averaging a point a game over a season will have us in trouble no matter how solid we are defensively. Need 6 points from the next two games to say we are unlikely to be in the mix come may.

We did yes but i always look at those games as bonus wins. We just played terrible against UTD & poor finishing against Chelsea.

Home form is key this season. its been poor for 2 seasons now. If we can make it a 'fortress' again then we have nothing to worry about imo. beat the teams away that we should be beating or at least not losing to them.

Hopefully 6 points in the next 2 games. We really need a Goal scorer in jan.

Lots of people in here scoffed at the idea of signing Trossard in the summer, he would be perfect in our team.

I sort of get that, if we win 10 home games and get 10 draws away from home it will get us to 40 points and we will be safe.
Its been an interesting start to the season though because every team has been picking up points, usually there is one of the promoted teams who are without a win and destined to be rooted to the bottom of the table all season, but there are only 3 points between us and Leicester (who are 18th) and 5 points between us and Forrest (who are 20th).
If we are able to get a win against Leicester and a point at Bournemouth before the break for the world cup that would put us in a great position and I think. But I understand how a lot of people can see it going the other way, if we lose against Leicester we are then on the same points as them and will be dragged down the table.

Came on this thread, I read two pages and all I can say to those sensible (or are you anything but for coming on this thread), we’ll done…

Some absolutely bizarre shouts on here lol

Thelwell and Lampard in 9 months have transformed everything. Give it some time and we’ll have finally rid ourselves of the negativity which set with the end of the Martinez era.

Time to be positive, it won’t be smooth… but it’ll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.