Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do all the other clubs at the bottom think of us, do they all think we are going down as much as many of our fans think, and some act like has already happened
From a Leeds point of view, you seem solid but nothing up front, though capable of the odd 1 nil win, a thing Leeds aren't capable of.

Will have enough to get out of it in my opinion.

Will have enough to get out of it in my opinion.
Mad init we think that about Leeds and leicester, all 3 of us probably think the other teams involved will stay up at our own expense.

When I look at Leeds I see a team who can score goals but leak goals, we just can't score goals and are now leaking goals as well.

Mad init we think that about Leeds and leicester, all 3 of us probably think the other teams involved will stay up at our own expense.

When I look at Leeds I see a team who can score goals but leak goals, we just can't score goals and are now leaking goals as well.
Unfortunately we're leaking goals at a far greater rate than we can score them. (having said that our only decent defender has been out the last 3 which hasn't helped but should be back on Saturday.)

Genuinely been thinking today if we had beat fulham we'd be staying up. It would have taken a lot for leicester to swing that 5 point cushion. That one hurt on sat.
Yes, I had the same feeling. I fear that if we go down, we'll look back at the Fulham game as the key lost opportunity (what if...we had just played a different formation, ...started a few different players...). But the reality is, all is not yet lost, that's why Saturday was a desperately needed game, not a true "must win."

We have 7 more games in which to get points, Dyche and the lads just need to step up and get it done. We still have a chance. If we get a surprise win along the way, the Fulham game will seem less impactful, likewise if we need a result vs. Bournemouth, that game will stand out in our minds more than Fulham. If we do down, let's at least go down with a strong fight in the remaining games and let the chips fall where they may.

Whichever team loses from your game with Leicester will be down I think, along with Southampton.

50:50 between us and forest for the other
Forest are as bad as anyone down there , if not worse . Bottom of the form table be it 6 or 10 games and their last win against the run of play at the start of February when Leeds came to the city ground .

with trips up the RS , Brentford , Chelsea and palace to come as well as playing brighton , arsenal and Southampton They’ll do very well to get out of it .

Was feeling good about our manager 2 games ago but last 2, the wheels have fallen off, players have no fight and we can't defend. We won't win again.

After last season, you’d have thought that both Everton and Leeds would’ve learnt their lesson.

Apparently not.

A lot hinges on whether Forest and Leicester carry on imploding.

Like I said before, those two points you currently have, could make all the difference.

After last season, you’d have thought that both Everton and Leeds would’ve learnt their lesson.

Apparently not.

A lot hinges on whether Forest and Leicester carry on imploding.

Like I said before, those two points you currently have, could make all the difference.
Unfortunately [Poor language removed] owners and in our case, D of F's, never learn.
Forest I can't see improving given their fixtures, Leicester maybe, especially given their game at Elland Road to come.

How do all the other clubs at the bottom think of us, do they all think we are going down as much as many of our fans think, and some act like has already happened
I was resigned to relegation and was at peace with it as long as it marked the end of Moyesball. But two unexpected results and things look brighter for us. Of course we could still go down in 18th place. 19th and 20th seem destined for Forest and the Saints. But with our better goal difference and in hope that City declare at 3-0 against us it gives us a big advantage over the other three, which includes you.

I have a suspicion Leicester will survive. Logic dictates otherwise but as I say, it's just a feeling. I think it will be between you and Leeds if I were a gambling man, which I'm not. You both have tough run-ins. It could go either way.

I was resigned to relegation and was at peace with it as long as it marked the end of Moyesball. But two unexpected results and things look brighter for us. Of course we could still go down in 18th place. 19th and 20th seem destined for Forest and the Saints. But with our better goal difference and in hope that City declare at 3-0 against us it gives us a big advantage over the other three, which includes you.

I have a suspicion Leicester will survive. Logic dictates otherwise but as I say, it's just a feeling. I think it will be between you and Leeds if I were a gambling man, which I'm not. You both have tough run-ins. It could go either way.
West Ham are safe now, it's 2 from 5. After last 2 games we (Leeds) will go down and Leicester will stay up.

Did people really think that Dyche would come in and we’d play consistently in every game regardless of injuries?

Just because we had a couple of bad games doesn’t mean we can’t ever play well again in the next 7. It’s an absolutely ridiculous recency bias. If we beat Palace away it will be just as ridiculous to say that we’re then safe because we’ll win future games.

Teams at the bottom are inconsistent and unpredictable. A few weeks ago there were people saying Forest and Leeds were safe, Leicester too good to go down. Now they’re right in the thick of it and all these other teams a mere 3 points ahead of us are ‘safe’.

A lot of these teams at the bottom are capable of losing every single game remaining. No one is safe yet, no one is down yet. A player coming back from injury, a suspension, a change in formation, could make all the difference over a 7 game stretch which is still an awful lot of football.

Thank god this place wasn’t around in the 90s, we used to have a better stomach for these sort of things.

Did people really think that Dyche would come in and we’d play consistently in every game regardless of injuries?

Just because we had a couple of bad games doesn’t mean we can’t ever play well again in the next 7. It’s an absolutely ridiculous recency bias. If we beat Palace away it will be just as ridiculous to say that we’re then safe because we’ll win future games.

Teams at the bottom are inconsistent and unpredictable. A few weeks ago there were people saying Forest and Leeds were safe, Leicester too good to go down. Now they’re right in the thick of it and all these other teams a mere 3 points ahead of us are ‘safe’.

A lot of these teams at the bottom are capable of losing every single game remaining. No one is safe yet, no one is down yet. A player coming back from injury, a suspension, a change in formation, could make all the difference over a 7 game stretch which is still an awful lot of football.

Thank god this place wasn’t around in the 90s, we used to have a better stomach for these sort of things.
Ha Ha ha. Spot on...especially that last line.

The claim that gets me atm is the one where Leicester - a team that are strangers to victories - have been elevated to a CL level team who'll now, with Dean Smith in charge, pick up 3 or 4 wins in the last 7 games.

Now they might rally, I'm not saying they wont. But the evidence points overwhelmingly the other way. And if they dont beat Wolves on Saturday that trip to Leeds the following Tuesday looms like doomsday for them from where I'm standing.

Over to Leicester...the team with 'loads of good players' who will 'start winning now' and rack up 11 points...despite taking 8 points from the previous 48 available. Deam Smith is such a fantastic manager you see...ask Norwich.

Been trying to think of the positives the last few days.

1. Despite a dismal result we are still out of the relegation zone.

2. We will hopefully have Dyche's favourites back for the last 6 and a settled team which is harder to beat.

3. We gained on Leeds' GD.

4. Leeds have to play Leicester.

5. Whilst IMO unlikely, we have the chance to beat Leicester and safety is in our own hands.

6. We wriggled out of a similar position last season and finished above Leeds.

I know there's an argument against each if these points. We don't have Richarldison etc etc. And I still think we are favouties to go down. But we aren't dead and buried just yet.
What result do we want from Leeds v Leicester? My head hurts thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back