Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a similar season to last year with these players. If we come 16th again with the current squad, I would see that as acceptable to be honest. Anything 17th and above would be acceptable and a good effort from the manager.

If things changes and he gets given 2 or 3 good players, then expectations might change to midtable, but I don't really see that happening.

I think most supporters get our situation now because last year was so bad for so many reasons. I've never known morale and expectations to be as low as this probably since we sold Rooney.
Ironically it was the first full season after Rooney left that we finished 4th wasn't it?

We have a truly abysmal squad with little or no creativity and an inability to defend.

On top of that we have incredibly limited opportunity to invest in new players.

Sadly , as things presently stand , I can only see another desperate season ending , this time , in relegation.

Things are pretty grim but looking around potential bottom half rivals most have reasons to worry. Only Villa look to have made substantial improvement, and even that is at big long term cost.

Bournemouth have done nothing and almost look to be doing a Norwich and taking the money and accepting likely bouncing back down.

Fulham have got a couple in but are still short handed.

Forest look to be doing the opposite and trying to almost buy a new team but that brings its own risks as you lose all the momentum from the promoted side and need time to bed in the new players.

Southampton were very poor towards the end of last season and have spent bits but not necessarily brought in huge improvement.

Brentford would’ve been in real trouble without Eriksen and now he’s gone. Brought in a couple of good youngsters but still will be a very tough second season.

Brighton have lost Bissouma and brought in very little so far. Think last season Potter started to get found out a touch.

Leeds have lost two key players from a team that nearly went down and spent plenty in a pretty scattergun fashion that may or may not work.

Leicester were poor last year and have brought nothing in and look like they are stuck with quite a bit of deadwood, with a star striker whose age is starting to tell.

Make no mistake, we have our issues but at this point of the window half the league does. I’m worried but not panicking- I’d still ultimately back us, with a few new signings (even if we’re reliant on a couple of quality loans) to be above more than three of the above.

Things are pretty grim but looking around potential bottom half rivals most have reasons to worry. Only Villa look to have made substantial improvement, and even that is at big long term cost.

Bournemouth have done nothing and almost look to be doing a Norwich and taking the money and accepting likely bouncing back down.

Forest look to be doing the opposite and trying to almost buy a new team but that brings its own risks as you lose all the momentum from the promoted side and need time to bed in the new players.

Southampton were very poor towards the end of last season and have spent bits but not necessarily brought in huge improvement.

Brentford would’ve been in real trouble without Eriksen and now he’s gone. Brought in a couple of good youngsters but still will be a very tough second season.

Brighton have lost Bissouma and brought in very little so far. Think last season Potter started to get found out a touch.

Leeds have lost two key players from a team that nearly went down and spent plenty in a pretty scattergun fashion that may or may not work.

Leicester were poor last year and have brought nothing in and look like they are stuck with quite a bit of deadwood, with a star striker whose age is starting to tell.

Make no mistake, we have our issues but at this point of the window half the league does. I’m worried but not panicking- I’d still ultimately back us, with a few new signings (even if we’re reliant on a couple of quality loans) to be above more than three of the above.
+100

We're a mess of a side no doubt, but there's likely to be a number of teams equally bad if not worse than us next season that are being overlooked - not to mention having Mina and DCL for most games might make to us.

Still over a month of the transfer window open yet. We're as likely to be in the relegation mix as we are to finish a comfortable 14th IMO.

Just like it was under Benitez, and just like it will be around Christmas under Roberto Martinez if we don't make the signings desperately needed/Lampard lasts that long.
Well that would be symbolic, poignant even, if the first manager to bite the bullet under Farhad's reign of terror is the one who comes back to finish us off. Talk about going full circle.

I've never been so despondent about Everton's prospects before a season, we'll do very, very well to stay up this season if we do not strengthen this sorry bunch. The abyss is staring us in the face and we seem to be blissfully walking towards it.

I've just ordered in the Vaultmaster 2000. It's time to save the day again.

Dead last after viewing last night’s performance. If you call it a performance. We don’t look like a team but headless chickens running around the pitch. I don’t suppose after that drubbing last night things could get any worse could it?

I dont see Leicester being in trouble and think Southampton will be ok but agree with the rest if they dont buy. I think it all depends on injuries and the supply to DCL. Think this will definately be his last season though

Ok
I dont see Leicester being in trouble and think Southampton will be ok but agree with the rest if they dont buy. I think it all depends on injuries and the supply to DCL. Think this will definately be his last season though
Yeah, Leicester should have too much quality really. If I were a fan I’d be worried about the direction of travel though, there seem to be quite a few mediocre players on PL wages they can’t shift and we know how that goes.

Brighton are the interesting ones, they’ve lost their fabled DOF and if Cucurella goes they’ll have plenty of money but will have to spend wisely, their squad is starting to look pretty meh.

We won't go down as long as we have Goodison because the crowd will always get us out of it and the bar for finishing above 3 teams in the PL is extremely low unless you're a recently promoted team.

Said this throughout last season btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.