Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not getting relegated, simple as.
Sure we're pretty muck at the moment but as soon as everyone is fit and available we'll see a massive improvement. There are easily 3 worse teams than us.
In Frank we Trust!

2 without a win so far, no goals scored by an Everton player and 3 conceded, despite us having a MASSIVELY improved defence according to the transfer thread enthusiasts. 8th seems a stretch.
The worlds best team in da world has 2 points off far easier games
The most famous club in the world has conceded 7 goals and scored 1.

The worlds best team in da world has 2 points off far easier games
The most famous club in the world has conceded 7 goals and scored 1.
Yep, but we both know we're finishing behind both of those clubs and a good few others. We just don't look like scoring a goal. Maupay and Adams don't give me any confidence that this is likely to change any time soon.

Yep, but we both know we're finishing behind both of those clubs and a good few others. We just don't look like scoring a goal. Maupay and Adams don't give me any confidence that this is likely to change any time soon.
Well they both scored 8 last season so that more then Richy on his own, if DCL can ever get fit and get 10 plus. Plus I really don’t think we ship 64 goals. We already look far far better on corners

Well they both scored 8 last season so that more then Richy on his own, if DCL can ever get fit and get 10 plus. Plus I really don’t think we ship 64 goals. We already look far far better on corners
Wish I had your optimism, Grumps. The forwards we've been linked with look terrible to me and we still have no creativity in midfield. We may concede marginally fewer goals than last year but we'll score fewer goals too.

Wish I had your optimism, Grumps. The forwards we've been linked with look terrible to me and we still have no creativity in midfield. We may concede marginally fewer goals than last year but we'll score fewer goals too.
Richy scored 6 in 9 at the end was it but most of the season he had 4. Defensively we will be better, last season we where 1-0 so early then would just concede 2/3/4. Not convinced we fold so easy.
Still days to go but having for example Adams and Maupey. It’s more goals then Richy and Rondon. Surly the likes of Gray and Gordon(if he here) will get toward 5 or 6

These are my favorite takes. It was negligent of the club to not bring in a striker in the future because you’re sure they wouldn’t have. You’re blaming the club for something you just made up!
It's called an opinion.

FL has been very, very vocal about being 100% right behind DCL from the moment he arrived; praising him at every opportunity, right up to pre-season. Prior to the injury the club had been linked with and were actively moving for defenders and midfielders. I don't recall much chat about or action over looking for a No9 because DCL was "looking great" in training according to FL.

It's not a far-fetched take to suggest that a No9 was not a priority for our limited resources based on the faith and trust and backing FL had in DCL, compared to other areas of the team that also needed addressing. We might sign a striker, we might not; but there is nothing to suggest the club were "secretly working on it all along, super-duper-promise" until our injury prone striker got injured, yet again.

Hardly a wild take for anyone who has used reason and critical thinking before.

Status
Not open for further replies.