Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick. I am having nightmares about this. I have terminal parents but Everton is overruling it all. My auld fella is coming to Chelsea (living with cancer in his late 70s). He's stayed away all season due to his and my mam's vulnerability, but has decided to attend due to the threat of relegation and that it might be last time to see EFC in the PL and all that.
it's his 76 birthday and I am gutted it never occurred to me to get him a mention in the proigramme. He got the box set of boardwalk Empire (he won't pay for sky atlantic).
cancer sufferers risking their health to watch Everton play...they had better put a shift in. Just saying.,
Really hope your dad has a good day tomorrow, nothing will ever be more important than family, not even this club, never in a million years. Massive respect to your dad, you and the rest of your family.

Draws against Chelsea + Leicester may be ok for us depending on Leeds/Burnley.

1 win from either and we must win Watford.

4pts from them and i think were laughing.

Lets get through this City game first. But if City win and Leeds dont beat Arsenal then its game on.

oh us fans are to nervous mate

Going down gives us an opportunity to “trim the herd”, bring some of the younger players through and give them a chance.

They won’t be bottlers like this lot. I’d rather give Dobbin and Price a go at that level than rely on Doucoure or Gray.

Is there a rule against "trimming the herd" in the PL? Going into the Championship isn't the refreshing renewal and purge of all things wrong that some seem to be painting it as. To my mind it's blind optimism over reality in the same way that hiring a past-it kopite as manager because he's a safe pair of hands is a good idea.

And while I like the idea of academy players coming in and performing there isn't a guarantee. The fact several managers have come and gone without being too keen on the younger players maybe tells a story. Even Lampard, who we are often (inaccurately) told single-handedly brought through a crop of young players at Chelsea, has been reluctant to chance them over players he's openly accused of lacking bollocks.

That’s nice for you, but the parachute payments are in lieu of the (much much larger) tv rights.

All they will do is make the massive financial hole we’ll be in slightly shallower, not “help with the new stadium” in any way shape or form.

As for “enjoying the ride”? No I don’t think I will. Honestly don’t think some people are appreciating how completely cataclysmic relegation could be for this club.
A lot depends on if you are allowing Everton to run your life, to obsess over it, let it be the only thing that matters in your life, let it ruin your many weekends when they have been beaten.

Or enjoy it for what it is, a football team that constantly lets itself and its supporters down but understand that you can walk away any time you want too.

Woolworths, Blacklers and numerous other stalwarts of this fine city have gone to the wall and lots do not shed a tear, its call evolution, this unfortunately for us is our evolution, we are a dinosaur of a football club and if it cannot learn to evolve pretty quickly the only time you will hear of EFC is when people will say "remember Everton?" and the answer will probably be "who?", and I will still be going to the game probably in an empty but new BMD, enjoying my day out however poor the football is or the result knowing that I have other things in my life.

A lot depends on if you are allowing Everton to run your life, to obsess over it, let it be the only thing that matters in your life, let it ruin your many weekends when they have been beaten.

Or enjoy it for what it is, a football team that constantly lets itself and its supporters down but understand that you can walk away any time you want too.

Woolworths, Blacklers and numerous other stalwarts of this fine city have gone to the wall and lots do not shed a tear, its call evolution, this unfortunately for us is our evolution, we are a dinosaur of a football club and if it cannot learn to evolve pretty quickly the only time you will hear of EFC is when people will say "remember Everton?" and the answer will probably be "who?", and I will still be going to the game probably in an empty but new BMD, enjoying my day out however poor the football is or the result knowing that I have other things in my life.

everyone’s different

Status
Not open for further replies.