Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace spanked us like a judge being spanked by his mistress not so long ago.
We are out on our arse, player wise. The ones we have got have been through the emotional ringer this season.
Us getting anything from Thursday is not in any way a foregone conclusion.

No it’s not, but neither is Leeds winning at Brentford, I don’t know why people are acting like it is. Brentford are absolute miles and miles and miles better than Leeds.

The point been made is that we are in a better position CURRENTLY then Leeds or Burnley.
Surely that is indisputable
Absolutely, that’s why I’ve suddenly found a peace of sorts amongst this sh!t£ show of a season.

I really believe we will be ok come the end of the season. It’s what happens afterwards having received the biggest scare we have had in a very long time.

Surely to god things will start to get better with a more professional approach from the top? Someone tell me I’m right… anyone?

The way I see it it MUST get better, if we start fighting relegation every season then by the law of averages (or some other rubbish law that applies only to us) we will at some point drop.

That mustn’t be allowed to happen. Especially as my heart can’t take it.

Don't get why anyone is so confident that Brentford won't lose, they've lost at home to Norwich and Newcastle already there's some myth that they're some kind of great side i don't see that.

There's a reason why the bookies have Brentford available at 11/8, this is a game where Brentford have a slight edge in quality but Leeds desperation could be enough to get them a result, we see this every season on the final day that the team that really needs it can pull out a result against a team with nothing to play for.

take care of business yourself you're asking for trouble if you rely on Brenford.

Don't get why anyone is so confident that Brentford won't lose, they've lost at home to Norwich and Newcastle already there's some myth that they're some kind of great side i don't see that.

There's a reason why the bookies have Brentford available at 11/8, this is a game where Brentford have a slight edge in quality but Leeds desperation could be enough to get them a result, we see this every season on the final day that the team that really needs it can pull out a result against a team with nothing to play for.

take care of business yourself you're asking for trouble if you rely on Brenford.
They don't have to win. A draw will be enough regardless of what we do .

No it’s not, but neither is Leeds winning at Brentford, I don’t know why people are acting like it is. Brentford are absolute miles and miles and miles better than Leeds.

Looks like a pretty solid run of games to me. I don’t think Brentford are anything special but a Leeds team that has conceded 78 this season shouldn’t be having their own way with them.

D842CD8D-096D-4D81-BD35-A5A3400E74D5.jpeg

If they don't win on Thursday they will be walking around the pitch at the end wanting to be worshipped and congratulated a couple of days before they might get relegated. Everyone should just get up and go and leave them to it if it happens tbh.

What a kin shameful season this has been.

I am not, its a coin toss that game for me, if they are better or not, they have lost more than they have won, though off course they have done better since Erikson came at home, and overall, an early goal for Brentford that game if we are going to final day would be big

Exactly what I've been trying to say. I simply cannot see Brentford turning up all guns blazing and 100% determined to win. It's the last game of the season, nothing to play for and they'll just be keen to have a "nice day out".

Brentford only managed to beat us because of atrocious officiating and they were nowhere near as good as some people make out. And they went down to 2-1 at HT whilst having an extra man on the pitch. All Leeds have to do is keep their cool and tighten up at the back. If they can do that they'll win.

Us however, we have to face a Crystal Palace side with a depleted, fatigued squad whilst they have a near full strength squad to choose from. And you can absolutely be in no doubt that Arsenal away is a guaranteed loss.
Leeds fan here.
Been interesting reading views on here, which are very similar to views on our own forums, apart from the fact you guys clearly are in the box seat.
Reality its, it's 3 poor sides competing but you have the clear advantage with the points advantage and extra game (over us)
There's no way we'll beat Brentford final game so in reality you'll be safe. Our only hope is that Burnley somehow don't get another point or we somehow scrape a draw at Brentford if they do get one. We're a [Poor language removed] team with a manager who doesn't know his tactics and defenders who can't defend.

Thursday will be Everton's third match point to get safe.

We appear to be doing a Hertha Berlin and fluffing our lines.

Because in times of need, you need something to cling to.

We can still do our bit, of course.

The reality is, Brentford looked excellent going forward, and Leeds are terrible defensively. But hopefully that’s irrelevant come 10pm on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.