Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will know if we stand a chance of staying up this time next week. If no decent players are added, then I see relegation as a certainty because our current squad is the worst in the league. A championship midfield with a championship defence that will end up in the championship.

I actually think a lot of our problems could be solved just by playing an extra man in the middle. We’ve looked a lot better whenever we’ve played a 3 there. Obviously we’re not going to suddenly be European contenders by playing with 3 but I’m certain we’d be in a much stronger position than we are.

Been saying this a while now. If we get a grip of midfield we'll be a lot more competitive. If it means an extra man then do it. We have goals in midfield and DCL is good enough to nick goals up front on his own.

.....and if they dont?
Probably meltdown and the worst time following Everton ever!!! ?

Positives are it is all still in our own hands to stop the slump and there was effort on Saturday. The understandable protests are focussing more on the board than the players. The margins are small and a couple of breaks going our way will help us save our skin this year. Won’t change the overall mess we are in though!
We were in dire straits at the end with Walter Smith and Moyes coming kept us up so just a couple of narrow, hard fought wins like back then (Fulham home, Derby away) can still happen this time around too. Got to keep our nerve and get stuck in.

Watford have just appointed Hodgson. Norwich have Dean Smith, Newcastle have money to improve further.

I'm very fearful of what could happen if we were to appoint a lampard or pereira right now. Our relegation rivals have managers who have been there and know how to galvanise a team. Surely to be safe we need to get in a short term manager like allardyce because relegation is a real possibility and that will be catastrophic for the club.

Forget everything else, we need to save ourselves so we can go again next season or we could be looking at a Derby County situation at Everton.

we've got a manager on a 6 month contract, just another stop on the way for this gun for hire, wont care what happens - can always count on a section of the fan base to blame the players and the so-called 'existing mess' which means he's off scott free whatever happens

probably already sorted out a nice China jaunt for next season.

Once we go down, which players will leave and which ones will stay? Here’s what I think.

Stay
Begovic
Holgate
Keane
Nkounku
Davies
Gomes
Gordon
Townsend
Rondon
Simms
Paterson
Godfrey
Gbamin
Coleman
Branthwaite
Iwobi

Leave
Pickford
Mykolenko
Mina
Alan
Doucoure
Gray
DCL
Richarlison

Not including the ones that are out of contract anyway and are nailed on to go.

Once we go down, which players will leave and which ones will stay? Here’s what I think.

Stay
Begovic
Holgate
Keane
Nkounku
Davies
Gomes
Gordon
Townsend
Rondon
Simms
Paterson
Godfrey
Gbamin
Coleman
Branthwaite
Iwobi

Leave
Pickford
Mykolenko
Mina
Alan
Doucoure
Gray
DCL
Richarlison

Not including the ones that are out of contract anyway and are nailed on to go.

who’s assed we would be down so i couldn’t care by then

Status
Not open for further replies.