Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the one who said you’d rather have points.

So do you think Leeds or Everton are in a better position right now, in terms of points/games played.

Simple question really.
Well I didn’t, you are leaping a touch. I think Everton are in a better position because of the quality of the squad compared to Leeds who have lost their 3 best players and have been playing Dan James as a centre forward for weeks. They won’t be so open anymore though which isn’t good for us. I’m also taking the fixtures left in to consideration, it’s hard to see many points coming from the away fixtures and I’ve seen too many games where when the pressure is on Everton to get a result they will contrive to be awful.

We need to get 5 points from our next 4 games and then match Brentford for the run in. I worry about us doing the first bit tbh.

It didn't excite me, it made me very sad and quite nauseous, one of the least enjoyable games in nearly 60 years watching the blues. The only good thing about it was the result.
I just felt huge relief after the Wimbledon game but the feeling after the Coventry game was different it was more pure anger.
On reflection I think I would prefer to go back to winning things and being the best team in Europe. I have been going the match since late 63 and have only seen Everton end up with a trophy in six of those seasons and I suppose I am one of the lucky ones.

I just felt huge relief after the Wimbledon game but the feeling after the Coventry game was different it was more pure anger.
On reflection I think I would prefer to go back to winning things and being the best team in Europe. I have been going the match since late 63 and have only seen Everton end up with a trophy in six of those seasons and I suppose I am one of the lucky ones.
I started going just one year before you, so, obviously, I saw us win one more trophy, the league title 62-63. Yes we are lucky to have seen those trophies 4 league titles, 3 FA cups and a cup winners cup being won and I feel sorry for younger blues who have never seen us win anything. If you offered me the 'excitement' of a relegation battle or the boredom of mid table, I'll take the boredom of mid table every time.

You never know mate, this may be our year in the cup, however, if it's a choice between getting ourselves out of this relegation battle or winning the cup, I'll take getting safe every time. I really wouldn't want to emulate Wigan under Martinez.

I started going just one year before you, so, obviously, I saw us win one more trophy, the league title 62-63. Yes we are lucky to have seen those trophies 4 league titles, 3 FA cups and a cup winners cup being won and I feel sorry for younger blues who have never seen us win anything. If you offered me the 'excitement' of a relegation battle or the boredom of mid table, I'll take the boredom of mid table every time.

You never know mate, this may be our year in the cup, however, if it's a choice between getting ourselves out of this relegation battle or winning the cup, I'll take getting safe every time. I really wouldn't want to emulate Wigan under Martinez.
I was at the Fulham game in 63
At my age now mid table mediocrity and getting knocked out of the cup in early rounds is the best outcome
No tears no fears
Too much excitement is dangerous for our health

Status
Not open for further replies.