Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a bit disappointed with that 0-0 really highlighted how toothless our attackers can be

All fart no s***

Just makes us potentially need results against Brentford who are bang in form since Eriksen and Palace who we never seem to get a result against
We lost the two games this season, but before that they hadn’t beaten us since 2014

Everything is still pretty much going according to how I planned it. Touch wood my plan comes to full fruition

Here's my optimistic outlook

Everton 29
Chelsea H: 3
Leicester A: 1
Watford A: 3
Brentford H: 3
Palace H: 3
Arsenal A: 0
Finish on 42

Burnley 31
Watford A: 3
Villa H: 1
Spurs A: 0
Villa A: 0
Newcastle H: 3
Finish on 38

Leeds 33
Palace A: 0
City H: 0
Arsenal A: 0
Chelsea H: 0
Brighton H: 1
Brentford: 1
Finish on 35

Another few days of number crunching and going through fixtures and outcomes. Oh what id give for a boring mid table finish with nothing to play for. Please everton just get it done sunday
You need a season like this to appreciate the playing for sweet fa of season past

We were 5 adrift in the bottom 3 a couple of weeks ago. Not won away from home for 8 months and had Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester and Watford ahead of us, 3 of the 5 games away….

If someone had said we’d get 10 points from that a couple weeks ago I’d of told them to shut the door on the way out. After losing at Turf Moor and looking at that schedule of games I was sure we were gone.

Now we find ourselves 3 points from safety in my opinion and we have 3 games to grab them. I’d have taken that every time after that defeat at Burnley.
Is exactly how I feel about it too.

I think the bigger sin might be not really trying to win. I am delighted with 7 from 9. We have two home games and will need at least a point from those, possibly four. This is where Lampard takes his final audition to manage Everton in 22/23.
Lampard isn’t getting sacked

Leeds have 6 points left to play for; Brighton at home, followed by Brentford away.

If Leeds win both games, we need 4 points from our remaining three matches of Brentford (H), Crystal Palace (H), Arsenal (a).

If Leeds win one & draw one, we need 2 points.

If Leeds win one & lose one, we need 1 point.

We are in big trouble.

Maybe the crowd can help us cause an upset against Palace because the crowd have been magnificent of late (like a 12th man, as Frank said), but Palace tonked us 4-0 the other month without breaking a sweat.

If I was a gambling man I would bet on us getting just 3 points from our final 3 matches, which almost certainly won’t be enough to keep us up.

Brentford on Sunday is a MUST win. It’s perhaps the biggest game in our club’s history. We have got to get behind the lads from the first whistle to the last like we did against Chelsea.

I’m actually not that disappointed with the point against Watford away because the last time we played them we conceded 5 goals, but it leaves us in a perilous situation.

:Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.