Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think we need to price in a Leeds sting. They may be a dying wasp, but there is every chance they will ramp up the stress levels before they drop.

I've been slicing and dicing this, and to me it comes down to these two home matches now. Our players have no excuse. They need four points to be safe. If it turns out we need less in the end, that's a bonus. But if they cannot get this done this week, I think all bets are off and we are likely to drop on Sunday week. At some point, a team has to grasp its chance at freedom and bound to safety. We had a chance to do that by winning at Newcastle, by winning at Burnley, and even by winning at Watford. We have left all of those chances behind us. Sunday and Thursday offers us one final chance before we enter the margin of error and nervous breakdown territory on the last day.

Sunday is huge. The manager - and players - must be both brave and self-aware. We need the points. We must attack sensibly and ensure we keep the door closed at the back. This is not a time for defensive blunders and missed gilt-edged chances. My hope is Richarlison gets a chance where he doesn't have to think about what he has to do.

goodison will be all crazy we hope and rocking they can help play a part ?

Have to admit that this relegation battle has made for an exciting season. It's been some ride but, if we stay up (and we will), let's not do it again anytime soon.

Obviously hoping Leeds slip up on Sunday lids. Fingers crossed for that.
As for their opponents; cheering for them is a sin. A mortal sin. It’s wrong in the eyes of the little baby Jesus. Don’t do it lids. Think. THINK!
Sorry, always Brighton over Palace

I remember the days of Mullery v Venables...

Obviously hoping Leeds slip up on Sunday lids. Fingers crossed for that.
As for their opponents; cheering for them is a sin. A mortal sin. It’s wrong in the eyes of the little baby Jesus. Don’t do it lids. Think. THINK!
I have always had a soft spot for Brighton as I lived down that way in the mid 70s , I even got a medal from Fred Binney not many people can say that.

The Leeds Brighton game is one of the most important of the season, so I’ll be watching… if Leeds lose that, we’ve got 3 games to get one point.
If they win they are back above us! We need a good result from Brentford to give ourselves the best chance.

As it stands we could just as easily be back in the zone than further pull clear.....

Status
Not open for further replies.