Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We play 2 teams that could legitimately tears us to shreds.
Can see us finishing with the same amount of points we have now.
Whether that sees us go down, I don't know.
Honestly think our best chance versus Palace is to play very compact in a 433 and counter them. Rather than pushing right onto them and allowing them to spring us because they will do that all day. We need to treat it like we did Chelsea and Man U, because yes players it's just as big a game now.

I'll say this despite everything all the bad mismanagement from the top and injuries and ref mistakes. If we go down its on these players and their mentalities. A team that can beat Chelsea and Man U at home Leicester away, Arsenal at home, shouldn't be getting relegated that we are still talking about it with two games left shows you it's partly between their ears!

Do you know who plays for Brentford that loves Leeds. Pontus janssen. We will have to do this in our own because if he plays in that game then I know for sure he's not going to be trying. He has been on record a lot talking about his love for Leeds

We've won games we probably weren't expected to and lost or drawn games we weren't expected to.

It's all part of the relegation battle.

The Pacino line on The Godfather 3, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Do you know who plays for Brentford that loves Leeds. Pontus janssen. We will have to do this in our own because if he plays in that game then I know for sure he's not going to be trying. He has been on record a lot talking about his love for Leeds

Very disappointed to hear about the racial abuse directed towards Brentford players families. This could also impact their motivation next week

What a bad weekend. All my confidence has drained away. We are going to have to go to Arsenal needing to avoid defeat aren't we?

What more could Frank have done?

We had just 10 men for 70-odd minutes against a decent side who put four past Chelsea last month.

The players fought like tigers but ultimately no team could have held on today.

The big worry is that we have just one central defender in the squad who’s not injured or suspended.

Things seemed to be going so well. The crowd was spurring us on and we were dominating and then the red card happened (after Richarlison was fouled in their box for the first time) and the crowd suddenly went quiet, understandably so.

If the atmosphere is like that first 15 minutes for the duration of the Palace game we will do the miraculous and stay up.

….back home for the Palace game, thinking how fortunate those Evertonians are who don’t currently walk out the front door to be greeted by cars with red flags, windows with red banners and porches with life-size images of Salah, Mane and Klopp.

As if our current demise wasn’t bad enough.
Indeed. A couple of saving graces for me. I don't work with people who care about football, and I don't live in Merseyside anymore. I feel sorry for you that do, but I grew up in the 70s and 80s so I did my time!

You actually believe its bigger than the final day games when we had to win / hope for other results to go our way?

I find that to be quite incredible.
Yup. Back then if we’d gone down we’d have survived. Maybe even have come back up at the first port of call.

If we get relegated now with all our financial liabilities we are potentially finished as a club, Bury style.

Certainly the new stadium will be gone.

Bit weird seeing posters blaming players today.

Id expect that most would focus on the corrupt referee.
But corrupt refs is something all clubs have to deal with, and decisions go against us, likely wil be cancelled out for a few for us that shouldnt.

Its either the players, with the usual suspects not showing grit like DCL, Doucoure, Kenny and Gomes, or the failure of Frank to properly adjust after a red card. Gorodn shouldnt be asked to play RB for so long against a clearly superior player in Janelt. Coleman was a crash waiting to happen in CB. Gomes nearly gave the assist for another Brentford goal. Doucoure was like a tractor at the Indy 500 so slow. Lampard shouldnt have put Brantwait so high. Thats why he got into troubles. Lampard shouldnt have put our defense in general so high.

A point was all the doctor ordered. Close, compact counterplay, 2 men on ericksen and that was it. But no, high defensive line and gung ho all out attack again. I actually think Lampard is the one who failed the most. But, we must go on. Thursday is gonna be decision day.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.