Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got to get the job done on Thursday, we started well against Brentford and it was the red card that changed it all. Got to go again against palace, some front line, same set up, bring Keane back in and go for it.

So here we are... The relegation rollercoaster ride continued. Sunday we were up, then down, then up and then down.... Referees and VAR all against us. Don't expect ANY favours from Brentford, Palace, Arsenal, Villa or Newcastle. Only one team will help us avoid relegation and sadly it us.
Thursday, Palace should be up for it like 8 out of 10 and we should be 11/10. Is that enough to make up for the fact that they have technically gifted, pacey forward players and we don't? I hope to god it is enough...
I am frightened to watch this week unfold, as we were dragged back into the relegation picture by some dreadful refereeing - but it has been like that all season long, its like the refs trying to make up for our supporters.
I've run all the permutations on the tables, we need to win. Simple.

Are we wanting an Arsenal win or loss tonight or doesn’t it not matter?
Two ways of looking at it to be honest.

Arsenal win = keeps them in contention of finishing top 4. But could add an element of a post-win 'hangover', bottle-job on final game of the season.
Arsenal loss = kills their chances of top 4. But could add an increased desire at the weekend to make up for their loss.

So here we are... The relegation rollercoaster ride continued. Sunday we were up, then down, then up and then down.... Referees and VAR all against us. Don't expect ANY favours from Brentford, Palace, Arsenal, Villa or Newcastle. Only one team will help us avoid relegation and sadly it us.
Thursday, Palace should be up for it like 8 out of 10 and we should be 11/10. Is that enough to make up for the fact that they have technically gifted, pacey forward players and we don't? I hope to god it is enough...
I am frightened to watch this week unfold, as we were dragged back into the relegation picture by some dreadful refereeing - but it has been like that all season long, its like the refs trying to make up for our supporters.
I've run all the permutations on the tables, we need to win. Simple.
All we can do is hope it's enough.

We need some luck also though. As yesterday proved it is not always about what you do / don't do directly.

Effort, desire, commitment, fight etc shouldn't much come into it in the sense that in an otherwise tight game, I refuse to believe and accept that their players would want 3 points as much or more than ours.

But we must make it happen and will probably need something to go for us as well.

With our squad though? And with whom we have left to play? You see, I respectfully disagree. I think Leeds/Burnley will have taken a real boost watching our 'collapse' yesterday.

Leeds have had two very important players red carded and another key player lost to injury in the last three games.

Their squad is as threadbare as ours.

They`ve taken one point from the last last fifteen.

They have one game left, which is away to a team that are bang in form and have a unique talent in Christian Erickson, who is on fire at the mo.

Oh and they also have a manager, who thinks everything is " fine " and quotes Mother Theresa.

I`m sure the Leeds fans would much rather be sat where we are, rather than relying on Hail Marys at the weekend.

With our squad though? And with whom we have left to play? You see, I respectfully disagree. I think Leeds/Burnley will have taken a real boost watching our 'collapse' yesterday.
We have more points then them. They still have to pass us.
Their squads are as bad. Hence the position they are in. Is Palace at home a harder fixture then Brentford away?

Leeds have had two very important players red carded and another key player lost to injury in the last three games.

They have one game left, which is away to a team that are bang in form and have a unique talent in Christian Erickson, who is on fire at the mo.

Oh and they also have a manager, who thinks everything is " fine " and quotes Mother Theresa.

I`m sure the Leeds fans would much rather be sat where we are, rather than relying on Hail Marys at the weekend.

If we don't win on Thursday, we are in the same position, relying on others.

It's a huge game. I just have no faith in others saving us if it goes to Sunday

Brentford only managed to beat us because of atrocious officiating and they were nowhere near as good as some people make out. And they went down to 2-1 at HT whilst having an extra man on the pitch. All Leeds have to do is keep their cool and tighten up at the back. If they can do that they'll win.

Us however, we have to face a Crystal Palace side with a depleted, fatigued squad whilst they have a near full strength squad to choose from. And you can absolutely be in no doubt that Arsenal away is a guaranteed loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.