Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are some people actually even bothered about Liverpool winning the title? All that matters is if we stay up. I couldn't even care what them lot do.

In fact I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't care if Liverpool win the title because it would mean that we retain being the 4th most successful domestic English team, whereas City will go 1 behind us on 8 titles to our 9 if they win it.
Because it’s bad enough walking round the city with their flags draped outside half the windows and they’ve only won the smaller cups to them so far. They’ll never take them down If they win all 4

You think any of them want us to stay up

It doesn’t make you less of a blue if you can’t stand them lot. Most of us from the City do.

A pt v palace will do us. As I think Burnley may get 2 draws. I know we want 3 obvs. But 1pt isn't terrible. We shouldn't go gung ho.
We can’t sit back against their pace, they have pace everywhere in that team, may have to be patient and try and have possession as much as we can, I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win that sees us to safety.

We can’t sit back against their pace, they have pace everywhere in that team, may have to be patient and try and have possession as much as we can, I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win that sees us to safety.

Sitting back is probably the best way to play against a team with pace everywhere. But tbh I think it’s a complete myth that they have pace everywhere, they have 2 or 3 quick players yes but so do we in Gray and Gordon.

Sitting back is probably the best way to play against a team with pace everywhere. But tbh I think it’s a complete myth that they have pace everywhere, they have 2 or 3 quick players yes but so do we in Gray and Gordon.
Yeah I thought that after typing it, but I think they are quick at the back as well so play counter attacks may not work and I can see us going for the win.

playing with a high back four would be suicidal against pace. Keane/Kenny/Coleman are a liability of course in that model too.

That's unlikely.

I would like to return to a point made earlier today about Everton getting a draw though.

There was some debate about a point not being of benefit to us against Palace. But if Burnley draw on Thursday then we'd need a draw ourselves to make them go into their game with Newcastle needing a win.

I thought that about Leicester away but then they shocked us all by winning away.

Palace are decent enough and battered us in the Cup but I'm remaining positive dave

I think we're sitting back because we're going to lose the midfield battle yet again. Our failure to compete in that area has cost us big time all season. That 20 minutes against Brentford was probably the most sustained pressure we've had since Lampard joined us.

Arsenal have lost more games then both Palace and Brighton, let's not take it for granted if we only draw on Thursday we can't draw on Sunday too.
There not invincible

They drew 2.2 in the last minute against them in the home fixture. They don't have any strikers and have scored 2 goals in 5 games. Their away form is exactly the same as their home form.

They couldn't overcome Brighton at home to stay in the league.

I personally think they won't beat Brentford.

i personally think they will but what do i know?

Status
Not open for further replies.