Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've have had three match points but we could be about to face a tie-breaker if we do not get it done now. We might well fall over the line because one of the other two implode, but if we cannot see ourselves clear by Thursday night then it'll be a shameful and nerve-wracking ordeal for the fans over the weekend. We have no self-esteem as it is, and now these players are so incompetent that they are in danger of putting us through this trauma on Sunday. What a lamentably weak group of players we have. I'm not talking about the younger players (Gordon, Branthwaite, etc.), but the more experienced fellas who seem to find ways to either snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or excuses to cry off before we face a major crunch, leaving the likes of Brantwaithe to fend for himself at 19.

These contemptible mediocrities deserve nothing but indifference come Monday. I have no confidence they will spare us the paralysing tension this weekend. But if, by some chance, they do, they deserve no credit for it. They've embarrassed us this season. A purge needs to start come Monday.
I’ve been thinking about it as like a race with three competitors, but if we don’t win Thursday, it’ll be more like the long jump or the javelin, one of those competitions where you have to stand on the sidelines and pray that the other two can’t match your previous effort that has you in the box seat.

I get where people are saying we could get something at Arsenal, but we couldn’t beat Watford Reserves away. We all know how cowardly these players are away. Thursday is D-Day for me: don’t get the win there and we are relying on others.

I’ve been thinking about it as like a race with three competitors, but if we don’t win Thursday, it’ll be more like the long jump or the javelin, one of those competitions where you have to stand on the sidelines and pray that the other two can’t match your previous effort that has you in the box seat.

I get where people are saying we could get something at Arsenal, but we couldn’t beat Watford Reserves away. We all know how cowardly these players are away. Thursday is D-Day for me: don’t get the win there and we are relying on others.

Only more torturous!

Like a deciding frame of snooker and we are 50 ahead but have split the pack and left an easy red..

Oh what i would give to go back to not being scared of playing Crystal Palace at home. Reminds me of the fact that it is 'Everton' that i don't want to get relegated, not the players, board and owner who have been misrepresenting the club and reduced it to shame and embarrassment.

Still quicker than Gomes and delph mate, with a lovely dollop of snide.

How we miss a shithouse snide in the engine room - only big yerry and Richy with anything about them, maybe Myko. Just not enough of them.
Yeah me and the old fella got talking about what we would need in the middle of park right now and we both snapped called peter Reid!

FFS, I'd settle for Marcus Bent. At least we would have an outball that would stick and a player prepared to run himself into the ground to take the pressure off our lamentable defence.

FFS, I'd settle for Marcus Bent. At least we would have an outball that would stick and a player prepared to run himself into the ground to take the pressure off our lamentable defence.
Big straq as well mate, crap, but he put a shift in.

Status
Not open for further replies.