Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal Note:

Today is May 19th. It's also the day we beat Watford to win the Cup in 1984. How do I remember that so easily - well, it is, or in reality was, my brother's birthday. And he would have been 66 today were it not for his sudden death in 2005.

My brother, Gary, wasn't really interested in football. He obsessed over cars and generally being a really nice guy - because that's what a lot of people with a type of Asperger's (or something approximating to AS) do.

We did go to a few matches - and two in particular stand out in my memory across the first days of 1979 - Bolton away on New Year's Day - abandoned at half-time (1-1, Peter Reid injured for Bolton) - ice cold. 5 hour journey home slip sliding all over the road (which he obviously enjoyed) and Sunderland FA Cup (1-2) travelling by Football Special (or more precisely a 2 carriage ice box with no heating on). Not hard to forget those privations.

Anyway I thought I'd take his picture of us (as children) with me tonight because we might need some extra support in the ground.
Thinking of you and Gary mate - I'd deffo give you a big hug if you were sat next to me tonight

Don’t like playing Palace we struggle to put them down however I’m sticking to my view that Burnley will lose last three (one down two to go) , I didn’t look at Leeds’ games at the time but they have a toughie against Brentford who look with Erickson a team with something to prove .

I feel pretty positive about tonight, but for me, there are three key things we need to happen.

Firstly, and most importantly, we need to keep our heads. We can't afford any more red cards.

Secondly, we'll be so massively up for this, we have to hope that doesn't spur Palace into a big game mentality, too. I'd rather they are just left thinking "NOPE," when it comes to the competitive 50-50s than rising to the challenge and it becoming a bit chaotic (see point 1).

Thirdly, I hope enough of our players have enough gas in the tank to get through it. Gordon, in particularly, is goosed. But we'll need everyone on it.

You’d think it would be very easy to get zaha sent off. Easy to wind up.
He has only had 42 yellow cards and 2 red cards in 276 prem appearances. Which isnt too bad. I think he just seems a bit hot headed. But only 2 reds considering the kickings he has taken through the years.

More likely one of ours going for scything him down for no apparent reason.

Was just looking at the Villa forum to see what they are saying about the Burnley game. Didn’t fill me with confidence. Sounds like they are on the beach and expecting a couple of young lads to play.

They do love Digne though, after a slow start he’s bang in form.
As much as Myko has improved, I wish we had Digne starting tonight.

I feel pretty positive about tonight, but for me, there are three key things we need to happen.

Firstly, and most importantly, we need to keep our heads. We can't afford any more red cards.

Secondly, we'll be so massively up for this, we have to hope that doesn't spur Palace into a big game mentality, too. I'd rather they are just left thinking "NOPE," when it comes to the competitive 50-50s than rising to the challenge and it becoming a bit chaotic (see point 1).

Thirdly, I hope enough of our players have enough gas in the tank to get through it. Gordon, in particularly, is goosed. But we'll need everyone on it.
A puff on the inhaler, some caffeine supplements and using a Ninja Foodie blender with lots of vegetables should do the trick. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.