Replica Shirt prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dushku

Player Valuation: £1m
In January, I bought a 'special offer' Landon Donovan shirt for £27, which included name and number. A few weeks ago, my mate bought this season's 1st team shirt for a £10..

When the £10 shirt was offered, the word was already out that we were ending our contract with the Sporting Cockerel and thus, they were clearing out the stock rooms of shirts in preparation for next seasons intake.

Now we've progressed into the semi finals, the first team shirt is back up to £25 and if you want Number and Name, it's an added £12, giving you a grand total of ....£27, again ! Bit harsh, seeing as in the same week they announced a deal with NIKE and they want to bathe Wembley in a sea of blue !!

Cashing in on our success or fleecing the public ? Now I know, no one is putting a gun to your head to buy a replica shirt and maybe you should of snapped up the £10 bargain. But, to re-inflate the price back up to £25 is bad business to me and just plain greedy, just when they want to encourage people to buy out the stockrooms as we march off to Wembley ( maybe even twice)

(n)(n)

I see where you're coming from but let's face it, we need all the money we can get!

When we get to the final they might even sell limited edition Cup Final shirts for even more moolah

They clearly stated that the £10 offer was only going to last a certain length of time, and the price actually went up BEFORE we won the Semi-final....

I can't see a reason why changing the manufacture would cause the marketing to change, surely it's always the same, try to flog stuff as the season is closing to an end and people who buy shirts are most likely bought them already. Having short campaigns instead of just dropping the price down permanently drives more sales I guess, and also as they already only have S and M in stock, and I'm not sure can they restock, they likely won't have much problem selling the rest of them. I know replicas are mad expensive but then again I complain about Everton being broke so it's all for a good cause, and now they have one of those free print campaigns for Jelavic so you can get one for £25 which is pretty fair to me.

They clearly stated that the £10 offer was only going to last a certain length of time, and the price actually went up BEFORE we won the Semi-final....

Have we won it already ?

If we do get to the final then it'll stay that price as well, knocked out and they'll be knocking them out asap for £8 again.

I got a #7 home kit a couple days before they started making that name and number free on any of the 3 kits. Extra 12 pound paid by me. :lol: I just laugh it off. I work in the microchip field where computers go up and down all the time so the minute you think you find a good deal on a computer, you just need to know that karma will have it cheaper than you paid some time shortly there after.

Every season for beards the home shirt has gone on sale for a total bargain at some point.

Just like investing in stocks and shares be ready to buy when the price is right.

I always buy the shirt as soon as it comes out though. I'm getting a bit old for it tbh and I don't wear it nearly as often as I used to. The home is season has been the best for a long time and I've probably worn it the least. Hey ho.

98074794.jpg

yer but, no but errr I wnat one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back