Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why? It's not like we're skint like we used to be. I mean I get the idea of buying low and selling high. But we're not like we used to be having to dig through the bargain bin hoping to find a gem. I think we are at a place now where we can splash some cash if we want to and look for bargains.

Lookman is already worth double. Onyekuru could be worth even more if he tears up Turkey.

Yeah that's my point, we should be paying that type of fee for those and then these big fees should be saved for players who are properly in their prime. I was happy with the siggurdsson signing, maybe ten million too much but we knew what he was about. Richarlison should only be costing about five million more than the lookmans and onyekuru's atm. The fee should be for players who are a set above even players like lozano imo.

He was in and out of the team towards the end of the season.
He started 32 games, then at the very end of the season (NB, once Watford were safe) they took him out of the starting XI (still came off the bench in every one of those). As likely because at that point he'd played ~60 games without a break, as anything to do with form. Note they kept him in there until there was NO chance of relegation.

I think Lozanos price became too much. I think Brands has a figure and sticks to it which is fair enough.

Kluivert I agree, he will cost about 40% of the cost but his pedigree isn't has high. If he scored 10 goals in Seria A next season he goes for a similar fee.

Malcolm would have been the one for me. The fee when broken down will probably be quite similar. He scored more goals albeit in a less known league.

The key point for me though, is we are struggling to attract any of those players currently. We have ended up getting who we can due to the managers connections. He has every chance to score 10+ next season which would be a great return.

The overall difficulty remains though. We have a fan base with a dispersal of opinions. We can all see what has gone wrong but a lot of differing views of how to put it right.

Some want us to just spend more (ah la City). Some want more experienced players, some younger players, some European players, some players with domestic experience, some want us to spend less and avoid bad transfers etc. In this context any player will come in to a mixed appraisal.

All of the above opinions are fair enough too, we have to try and be balanced and objective though. He was one of the most talented players under 22 in the league. We have to trust the manager to continue his development.

It could be that Moshiri has said that he will bank roll this window but that any signings have to have a resale value to keep us trading in the future. Everybody does it to varying degrees. The greater the success the more high value (with potential) signings we can make. We’ll have to get used to the Lukaku model. We may also end up with a few Colemans hopefully.

If you really want a player these days you’ve got to pay the money haven’t you. If we signed him for £35m with add ons then sold him for £100m a five seasons later noone would care about the fee.

Oh yeah, they're NEVER reported without the add-ons, that'll be why I see Lukaku reported as £90m in the press ALL the time will it?

It's reported as £75m because it is 'believed to include add-ons', i.e. they don't know for sure. Let's just see how Richarlison is reported -- it's not really important, £35m is still high for him.

The side lacks size, strength and pace all over the park, this lad and mina help to rectify that hugely.

Glad the manager and dof seem to realise that and are targeting that profile of player.

Personally think Vlasic is a longer term better bet than Lookman as well due to having the above qualities already.

This is a big plus for me. He'd not have been my number 1 choice and it's a big fee, but if you look at the mistakes of Sandro & Klassen we bought two lads with good reputations/records who had no experience of the league and who would cope with the physicality of the league.

But that`s not the same as wanting to leave, which is what @davek was alluding to.

There is nothing what so ever, other than the tin foil hat merchants on here, to suggest that he has asked to go / wants to go / or Chelsea want him !!!!
Nope. I said he's our ace in the whole asset who will be allowed to leave if we ned to cover spending in this window.

Having watched the obligatory YouTube video I reckon this lad might fit it in well.

Yes he was patchy last season, however, there was evidence he doesn't just dribble, he can play one touch stuff and link the play and there was a few examples of him coming back to win the ball.

Plus. It was all footage against premier league teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back