2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently going to be offered a new contract
Can i offer you a ride out of this forum please? Your so called ITK is so cheap and behind the news. Benitez played down that he talked about offering a new contract just saying he had a coffee with him and his agent. Then you use that news for another rubbish post. Can t you leave please and move to a Geordies forum for example they like a few transfer rumours lol

There’s no doubting Richardson does get volleyed in games the problem is he also goes down too easily. I think it was in the Burnley game when the ball came to him and he must have been expecting a Burnley player to come at him from behind so he just fell to the floor, the problem for him was the nearest Burnley player to him was about 5 yards away! It’s doing things like that why he doesn’t always get the genuine fouls on him.
If Richie got the shove Gray got at Old Trafford then we were not scoring, we were getting a free kick.

….it’s still lots to do with £. Agents, clubs et al will all be after maximum return. Richarlison will be rich beyond need whatever happens but I agree he’ll surely take a step up the football ladder to one of the worlds top clubs. I think he’s that good.
He is not quite there IMO. If he starts standing up then possibly.

He might even be on Cities radar if they don't get primary targets. He fits what they would like from a striker he can play through the middle but just as easily interchange with one of the wide forwards and play wide. I'm hoping if this is his last season with us he has an absolute better and pushes his value right up. With regards to rolling around if he does watch how many more free kicks/penalties City get compared to us. Or if his manager doesn't like it, I'm sure it will reduce as he won't be star player anymore.

The cynic in me says new contract = sell on fee however I’ve always thought he’ll be on his way this summer if we don’t get Europe.

The cynic in me says new contract = sell on fee however I’ve always thought he’ll be on his way this summer if we don’t get Europe.

If we get europe then fantastic but we would still need to sell (like Mina) if he doesnt extend his contract.

In previous years i seem to remember us doing that around this time or in November.

So hopefully some good news soon.

….the fact he falls over might frustrate some fans but it won’t in the least bother the big name clubs. He’ll be on their radar, I have no doubt about that.
The €100 (£85) bid last January from Barca says everything the way the club value him , especially agst the clubs posted losses.
Would be very difficult to replace , but I also accept he will move on at some point.

Well he actually said so himself but wouldnt leave mid season.

Did he? Where did he say that.

I'm 99.99999% certain Barca didn't offer 85m for Richy a few months before they couldn't afford to keep their greatest ever player because they couldn't afford his wages

If we get europe then fantastic but we would still need to sell (like Mina) if he doesnt extend his contract.

In previous years i seem to remember us doing that around this time or in November.

So hopefully some good news soon.
His willingness to extend will depend on what the market for him really is. The list of teams with reliable Champions League football and the money to stay there (and to buy him) is somewhat short right now. If one of those teams wants him, he's probably out.

If not, we could probably extend him for four years with a top four finish. If we don't finish in the top four, repeat the above calculation with respect to clubs with reliable Europa and occasional Champions League football.

I wouldn't expect to see a deal before season's end in any event. The ones we resign in November are the ones that don't have enough of a market or are happy where they are and don't want to test the market. Richarlison's agent clearly has orders to evaluate his options, which is not the same as saying he wants to leave. It means that he does not definitively want to stay...but over the last decade that's been true of the best players at any club not named Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

Status
Not open for further replies.