2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of time for Richarlison he is a starter when everyone is fit.
He needs to get back onside quicker, I’ve lost count of the amount of times he’s offside and stops the team’s momentum. He was lost again last night as he so often is when playing as centre forward and for some reason he and Gray won’t pass to each other either which isn’t helping the team.
To get the best out of him he should be on the left and that’s it.

Offside or are his teammates generally too slow to recognize the run?

A couple of pages ago someone was peddling this whole “we’ll get £80/100 million for him when he goes” fantasy. This is one of the problems with Everton. It’s not just the incompetent management, who’ve blown hundreds of millions on dud players over the past decade, it’s just not the players themselves, most of whom aren’t up to it and/or lack heart and mental toughness, it’s also the delusional fans.

Big clubs do not spend £80/100 million on forwards who are as unproductive in terms of goals and assists as Richarlison. The only way you could hope to get close to £80 million for him—let alone the insane sum of £100 million—is if you were to find somewhere in Europe a club even more badly run and prone to pour money down the drain than Everton.

Big clubs do not spend £80/100 million on players in mid-career whose *best position* isn’t even clear. And, if we’re being honest, the whole ‘best position’ argument is in this case as it nearly always is a proxy for the real issue: he’s neither fish nor fowl. He’s not quite good enough at playing with back to goal or productive enough in G/A to play as a striker, not quick or skilful enough to compare with elite wide forwards like Salah, Son, Mane etc and not good enough at dribbling/passing to play as a 10.

Jota went for £40/45 million. That was considered risky fir Liverpool/quite a hefty fee, considering his inconsistency at Wolves and it not being clear what his best position was. Now he is worth c. £70 million, because he has performed consistently since his move. He like Richarlison is a forward who can play from the left or through the middle. If you look at every comparative stat between him and Richarlison since his move he is clearly performing at a higher level than Richarlison. Yes, he’s in a better team. But even the notorious ‘eye test’ tells you that he is currently a better player. Now if Jota is only rated currently at c. £70 million, how can Richarlison be worth £80/100 million?

Im sad that this post is so clueless.

But im happy because it amused me how clueless it was.

;)

Pepe went for 72. Grealish who ok isn’t a forward and a different type of player, but at villa he did play a lot off the left of a front 3. And would average 5/6 goals and assists most seasons.
Palace wanted 70 for Zaha who only once I think has over 10 league goals.

Saint maximum was great last night, but look at his numbers. He doesn’t score or Assist loads. Villa paid 40 for Beundia, I think he has 2 goals and maybe 1 assist.

Spurs paid 55/60 for Lo Celso

I think we will get between 60 and 70, he 24 and already has over 30 caps for Brazil.

If he had more than 2 years on his deal then its £80mil+ and with PSG having Neymar in their ear we could see that amount for him.

I cant believe the poster above is comparing him to Jota playing for the RS.

Stick Richarlison in a top team and he'll obliterate someone like Jota lol.

Why are some fans wanting to hound Richy out of the club?
Saying he scored this in that season and has only scored this in this season, he has been playing this season under a manger who’s tactics were lump it up to him and tell him to get on with it, since frank has come in he has had a few chances and scored 1 he will get many more chances with this system and better players behind him, he gives everything every game so yes let’s hound out one of the few winners we have in the side.
Jesus

Really hope Lampard can convince him to extend.

He was making runs off the ball, which I quite liked. Just we’re utter garbage and never actually looked to get him involved.

But I can’t moan at him because they were all terrible yesterday.

With VDB and DCL in there the attention comes off him a bit and he'll get balls into his path and has the ability to finish them off.

Townsend and Coleman full backs and Gomes in CM didnt help him at all...

...neither did Gray ignoring him in terms of through balls.

Its so predictable for the opposition.

It's easy to single players out when the whole team is playing badly, Richy isn't a leader he's a feeder, and he seems to work better with DCL than Gray, but that might just be down to how long they have trained a particular way together and what they expect from each other with or without the ball. I think it all boils down to a lack of communication on and off the pitch. We just have to give Frank time to sort it out, like he said part of his job is to manage our expectation as well as manage the team. He has got one hell of a job on both fronts, and he tried to say in his pre-match presser that it might take longer to sort things out.

Have a feeling Richy will be our key player the rest of the season. I think his goals (or lack of) will make the difference between staying up or not. I hope he can gel quickly with VDB and Dele.

Status
Not open for further replies.