2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we wasted his time at all
1. He was playing premier league football
2. He broke into the Brazil national team playing with us(which is arguably his biggest dream)
3. Won an Olympic Gold due to permissions from the club
4. Developed a strong affinity with the club which he is clearly thinking about on his downtime(can't buy that kind of thing)
5. If he does get a bigger move it is as a result of playing with us, and if he doesn't he's loved where he is
Not a bad way to spend your time as a 20something year old is it?! Nothing wasted, very much lived
Personally for him, he's definitely developed.

As a club its a bit of a missed opportunity by having a complete scattergun management/recruitment policy.

Should he get his mega move it may help us progress as he's a good example for other prospects, we are (for now) a good potential stepping stone career wise.

I don't think we wasted his time at all
1. He was playing premier league football
2. He broke into the Brazil national team playing with us(which is arguably his biggest dream)
3. Won an Olympic Gold due to permissions from the club
4. Developed a strong affinity with the club which he is clearly thinking about on his downtime(can't buy that kind of thing)
5. If he does get a bigger move it is as a result of playing with us, and if he doesn't he's loved where he is
Not a bad way to spend your time as a 20something year old is it?! Nothing wasted, very much lived

However much it bothers people, if we are a stepping stone then we are hiring the right players - Richy and Lukaku are good examples.

If Rico goes it’s devastating but then look no further than Joao Pedro at Watford its his ready made replacement.

Lad deserves a rest. Brazil have 3 friendlies coming up so hopefully he's not flogged in them then he needs 3-4 weeks off.

He's not had a single amount of sustained rest for about 4 years now. The lockdown they were all still training, in 2019 he played at the Copa America. The last proper 'pre-season' he had was 2018. That is absolutely mad.

In a squad that is patently unloveable and of no character to speak of, Richy is head and shoulders above most of his teammates in terms of spark, energy and attitude, and he’s clearly an Evertonian now.

Add the fact he is a talented footballer with a winners mentality, who has really helped to get us out of the crap we were in and it’s clear why Richy is probably my favourite Everton player of recent times.

His statement feels like a goodbye to me, and I will be gutted if he does leave, hoping we can get some quality replacements in.

Will be sad to see him go if he does but he deserves it, and ultimately no player is bigger than the club. We’ve carried on after losing more talented players in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.