2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
But plays up front for Brazil, ahead of ladyboy and Jesus
According to Transfermarkt, he's played six of his last 10 out wide (through the middle in the last three, though).

Jesus and Firmino don't get a game at centre forward for their clubs anymore, either.

Plus, I'd say the Premier League and Champions League are much higher standards than international football, which is largely garbage.

But richarlison does better than all of them in a relegation outfit and more than half the season under a defensive manager. We probably averaged 35% possession, im pretty sure Chelsea averaged more and had more chances/shots etc. yet he’s not fit to lace their boots.

Happy to give excuses out for Chelsea’s expensive misfits, but not richarlison
Fwiw Richarlison is more a cause of us not being able to keep possession than a victim.

According to Transfermarkt, he's played six of his last 10 out wide (through the middle in the last three, though).

Jesus and Firmino don't get a game at centre forward for their clubs anymore, either.

Plus, I'd say the Premier League and Champions League are much higher standards than international football, which is largely garbage.
And all of Brazils forwards play in the champions league except richarlison and probably Raphina. Yet he still is in starting 11 more often than not.

Yes he does lose the ball, but there’s much worse culprits than him. DCL. Gray, Allan, doucoure, Coleman, holgate, Keane, Godfrey. Basically we have a team that can’t keep the ball
The other thing though is that teams might have to back off if he were a real threat in space or running in behind. He isn't and so they press more freely.

The other thing though is that teams might have to back off if he were a real threat in space or running in behind. He isn't and so they press more freely.
You could argue teams more likely to double up on him as he’s the biggest threat, surrounded by not much. When you have 2 other richarlison’s and maybe 2 even better it’s not so easy to double up on him

And all of Brazils forwards play in the champions league except richarlison and probably Raphina. Yet he still is in starting 11 more often than not.
Maybe he's a favourite of the coach, I don't know.

I never begrudge a player their chance at a big move, but like Fellaini and Lukaku before him, I think he'll find that he doesn't hold up well under the scrutiny of playing at a club with ambition.

Why? And no. Out of all their forward players, he’s the absolute last I’d want. One trick pony who’s worse at finishing than Tony Fishman Hibbert
Because I still don't believe he went from an average finisher at RBL to the worst shooter in world football over one summer. He still gets bucket loads of good shots off and scares the crap out of teams with his pace. I just think there is huge boom potential even if there is also major bust potential. We need to take a risk here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.