2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Familiarize yourself with the term "opportunity cost" and come back to me.

Part of the reason the squad is garbage is we never get value for money and yes that includes Richarlison. Which is why selling him even for 50m would be a great sign for the future.
Why do we people keep advocating for us to sell our best players? Yeah we need the cash but short termism imho and short termism is why we are where we are.

Is Ornstein considered reliable?

[David Ornstein]As things stand, the direction of travel for Raheem Sterling is Chelsea. The door is open to a small number of elite clubs but Chelsea is a very strong option. Richarlison is being valued too high by Everton & nobody is willing to pay that much. Raphinha: too difficult to predict.

[David Ornstein]As things stand, the direction of travel for Raheem Sterling is Chelsea. The door is open to a small number of elite clubs but Chelsea is a very strong option. Richarlison is being valued too high by Everton & nobody is willing to pay that much. Raphinha: too difficult to predict.
I’ve thought for a while that nobody will pay what we want and he’ll end up staying. Can’t see us accepting roughly what we paid for him at any point.

Yes he is, I think he's very connected with Arsenal in particular

Tomato tomato.
Would you prefer him to be smiling maniacly like the toothy one across the park when he's playing crap (which usually correlates to us also playing crap on the day) or wearing his emotions like a real person?

His facial expressions have absolutely zero to do with anything football related.

I’ve thought for a while that nobody will pay what we want and he’ll end up staying. Can’t see us accepting roughly what we paid for him at any point.
And I think the player accepts that. His interview a couple of weeks back seems to indicate he'd like a move but appreciates the club has a valuation.

He won't down tools, he'll play out of his skin and has a shout at the WC Golden Boot.

We'll see if 50m is "too much" then.

Would you prefer him to be smiling maniacly like the toothy one across the park when he's playing crap (which usually correlates to us also playing crap on the day) or wearing his emotions like a real person?

His facial expressions have absolutely zero to do with anything football related.

I like it. I like it in any player. I'd pack a team out with players who get pissed off when not winning.

I like it. I like it in any player. I'd pack a team out with players who get pissed off when not winning.
I just don't get it. That piece that came out about him a couple of months ago said that he's like that because he doesn't feel like he's contributed to the team until he's scored. He's apparently always been like that and it's a great attitude to have.

How anyone questions his commitment or attitude is mental to me. I can only assume its a defence mechanism to make the blow of him leaving impact less.

I think this will come down to the accounts, and what minimum price makes sense there. I suspect that will probably be less than the fair market value from an Everton perspective.

I also think potential suitors are banking on that being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.