Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there will or won't be other teams in for Stones and Lukaku this summer?

You're probably right when you say ALL those players won't leave - the problem is, we don't want ANY of them to leave.

If the right money is on offer, they can both leave.

£80m - £100m is lot of money!!!

Nobody cares anymore...nobody, except...wait for it.....You! does that not make you take a rain check on your stance?

Blabbing on about the same old thing over and over which has no significance. Shall we keep marvelling at how Moyes got us 4th once?

No, because it's boring and of no relevence to where we sit currently.

Ok for the sake of humouring you.....Moyes got us 4th, ergo, has done more than Martinez. End of the Moyes / Martinez debate, thank you and goodnight x

72 points...front and centre.

And if he does, I will say whoopee doo and thank him and love him again. But for now, he stinks the place out.

Is there any wonder the word fickle is used?

"He's rubbish. Sack him. He's a clown" > *wins something* > "He's brilliant. I love him".

Cant be taken seriously.

Moyes took a squad of Scott Gemmil's. Niclas Alexandersson's, Mark Pembridges, Jesper Blomqvists et al and turned them into a regular top 6 side.

Martinez has taken the side Moyes built, added well and is still bombing massively on results. I really don't see the issue here lol

At a time when we only had Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea probably as the only decent sides in the league. All the rest were meh!!!

If it's a meaningless stat then so is looking at the table and deciding that 11th and 7th are qualitatively different...which suits me, btw, because that is what I think. Others though see a position top half an equate it to progress. Let's just say Moyes gave us one season near the summit and Martinez has so far and call the rest for what it is: mediocrity.

Yeah mid table is mediocrity - completely agree on that point. Are you talking about in the first 3 seasons there? Top of the table finishes, Moyes 4th and Martinez 5th?

Our of them which one do you think was the greatest achievement? 17th - 4th, or 7th to 5th. Martinez took over a team (while it might have been ageing it was more then capable) and gave it some attacking flair.

Since that 5th we have been progressively worse off as a rounded unit, its not hard for anyone to see where his failings are as a manager - and it will be his undoing because from what it looks like he is too stubborn to reassess his belief that what he does will trump everything else.

Like i has said previously mate - i think your support for the man is both amazing and baffling, but thats your opinion. There hasn't been progress currently last season and this season.

Its not my job.

And if Lukaku wants CL football, then we have no option than to get the best deal we can.

Us finishing 5th or even 6th wont stop him wanting CL either.

100m wont buy a 20 goal striker.

We have spent vastly more than that over the years to finally get Lukaku.

This "Sell them, we will have loads of money" viewpoint is flawed beyond belief.

Yes, if Lukaku wants to move, as is likely, theres not a great deal we can do, but to actually want to sell him and Stones, well thats just mental.

This "Sell them, we will have loads of money" viewpoint is flawed beyond belief.

Yes, if Lukaku wants to move, as is likely, theres not a great deal we can do, but to actually want to sell him and Stones, well thats just mental.

Who wants them sold, mate ?

100% agree, when you seen the Suarez situation with the redshite - it was vitally important they spent the money wisely and brought someone in to replace him.

They never got even close and they are playing catchup because of it.

Its a brilliant idea having all that money to spend - but the reality is we would have lost the best striker we have had for a long time and a potentially world class centre half. If we spent that money wrong, it just puts us back another few years.

72 points...front and centre.

Is there any wonder the word fickle is used?

"He's rubbish. Sack him. He's a clown" > *wins something* > "He's brilliant. I love him".

Cant be taken seriously.

Moyes got us 4th, with a much worst team...clearly the winner there. Martinez did win a cup with Wigan though, but anybody can get lucky in cups, even Portsmouth won one and Millwall got to a final! Martinez has done nothing thus far with Everton, FACT :coffee:

As for me being fickle, it is called being adaptable in my case. You should try it sometime, I don't mind you using me as a role model ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back