Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is jumping on something what I don't mean to say.

Said it above I'm not comparing signing lukaku as a plus point on Martinez compared to the likes of mori and besic who were great transfers for Martinez.

I'll praise him for players like them, like Galloway as well as he picked them from relatively obscure locations compared to signing the best young striker in Europe because he was suddenly available.

Bit mad for not giving the manager any credit for signing a good player tbh.

All will soon happen.

Not a doubt in my mind.

We're a very patient fan base on the whole and the board are really testing even our limits now. Them lot across the park would've fumed themselves into a coma by now, but here we are still, having to listen to Martinez's inane garbage and rewriting of history, insulting our intelligence each and every step of the way.

Actions speak louder than words, and despite the positive and much appreciated words of a certain ITK moderator, it's unfathomable to me why he's still here and Moshiri hasn't got rid of him yet. Part of me thinks he's testing the fan base to its limit early to gauge what we're like, whilst knowing that Kenwright will undoubtedly still get the dogs share of the blame.

I don't doubt that he's a goner at the end of the year, but why we have to wait till then is beyond me. Imagine the lift we'd get by Unsy coming in and seeing starts for the likes of Dowell, Davies and Connolly, rather than dragging out the careers of players in the final throes of their time here.

I suppose like any normal rational person I find comfort in logical actions, and him still being here seems totally illogical to me.

I'm not arguing with clueless cockwombles like you over fanciful shïte floating about your vape addled brain.

The deciding factor in Romelu Lukaku signing for Everton was Roberto Martinez.

No matter what bilge you spout this remains the truth.
You seem to have anger issues. Why be so aggressive towards other posters who just happen to have a different opinion to yours?

Lukaku was a great signing no doubt about it and all in when you consider prices and what we'll probably get this summer it's the managers best in my eyes. Closely followed by Barry who was so integral that first season.

The rest (bar Deulofeu) I'm all a bit meh about

Can't be arsed looking back but what time are all the blag press conferences today?

He'll get sacked next week IMO, on the pitch, when LCFC are crowned after comprehensively teeerrrwatting us.... the MOSH will silently and magically appear behind Bob on the touchline, like a fine and magical mist, tap him on the shoulder, point at the pitch & the celebrating blues on it and simply say...

'Leicester...Champions...you're done, pack your hams. Tit'

And it will be good.

But del and lukaku are different signings. One was a young player who couldn't get a game either at his or another club. So the fact we took him on loan convinced him to come back. Common sense really

I'm not saying lukaku isn't a Martinez signing, I'm saying the board have a lot more to do with it then people give them credit before because they had to show ambition for the precious season after not doing so for 11 years before that.

And the fact lukaku was being offered about to the highest bidder, how often does a player of that quality get made available? Probably second best young striker in Europe (kane top fair enough) and his club don't want him?

It was martienz who convince him to turn his car around when on his way to West brom. Martinez also convinced him to sign for us. Let's give the guy credit for this signing.

I really like Martinez but he can't defend, can't hold onto a lead, can't win the big games, can't be trusted with a transfer budget can't stop us being relegated next season, can't talk any sense whatsoever in a post match interview.

But yeah he's okay apart from all that

Apologies if the following has already been noticed- I've been working all weekend and only had chance to skim the thread;

I was sure Martinez was gone after the Semi Final, then over last week I thought 'Oh jesus he's staying'. But just over the past couple of days with news stories like the Sky one: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...overly-positive-on-evertons-disastrous-season

It seems like the media is preparing us for the change to come. I don't like how the big companies like sky dictate the narrative so much, I think the fans should, but it's true that the media giants hold sway over events in the modern game.

I think Moshiri probably has a hand in that world of media narrative spin- it's probably standard protocol for Sky to be informed first of any big changes- the last 24 hours feel like the big companies (not just twitter rumours) are laying the ground for Martinez gone. Again- it's infuriating that it has to be like this.
There has been a definite shift in the press within the last 2 weeks. Local and now national press are really turning up the heat with regards to our underachievement during his tenure and his inability to recognise the team's failings and address them in his pre and post game press conferences. Roberto has not only been found out by the fans, but now the media. Next the board....

Okay so there wasn't months of scouting involved but I still think Martinez was integral to signing him... and with all due respect I'm now unsure of what you're point is/was.

Bit mad for not giving the manager any credit for signing a good player tbh.

Seems my point is horribly misconstrued.

I will give Martinez credit for a lot of signing, in fact I have said In the past I actually would trust Martinez with transfer funds niasse aside. Mcgeady was just like lennon, cheap and could hopefully do a job. And certainly some players he has signed he has done fantastic in, I rate mori and besic quite highly, have impressed me since they signed.

I just think there is a difference between signing Europe's top young striker who is a given to be good and signing players who are higher risk and prove to be good transfers in the end.

I suppose if he grew a pair and got some decent coaches in - and shafted half his backroom staff out the door... and stopped boring the pants off us - take a few chances - grow another pair and stop falling out with the likes of Mirallas, E2, Distin, Naismith etc (that's how it seems to most of us) then he's good to go for another season or a half of one.

What chance that's going to happen though?

Said it above I'm not comparing signing lukaku as a plus point on Martinez compared to the likes of mori and besic who were great transfers for Martinez.

I'll praise him for players like them, like Galloway as well as he picked them from relatively obscure locations compared to signing the best young striker in Europe because he was suddenly available.
All managers sign duds.

For every Lukaku, Deulofeu, Cahill and Kanchelskis, there's a Senderos, Hottiger, Niasse.

I see both sides of it, but mainly what you've said.

Lukaku wanted out of chelsea & mourinho wanted him gone. It's not as if Lukaku was an unknown quantity, everyone knew what he was about.

However, we paid what chelsea wanted for him, even if we had first dibs. I'm not entirely convinced Lukaku signed simply because of martinez, but martinez ensured we got him. Martinez - and especially kenwright - would've been hounded to death long before now if they hadn't stumped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back