Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to ask what has the manager been doing this week?

How can you take a group of players who must have been bouncing off the walls at 8pm last Saturday and then over the course of the week they get themselves into such a mentally fragile state that they can not even perform the basics let alone show passion the following Saturday lunchtime. This against a side which has just had one of its worst weeks in many a year.

I really am at a loss to explain it. Here was the opportunity to inject some momentum into the remainder of the season, the environment was entirely conducive to such - great result last week, new investor present once more and a 2 week break ahead.

Staggering ineptitude from players and manager alike, but particularly the manager who is responsible for preparing players prior to a game.

He's lost them mate - he lost the fan base awhile back, but now he's lost the players. The players beat Chelsea, not Martinez or his crap tactics. They rose to the challenge and excelled on the day, but they did it for themselves. He neither motivated or prepared the players for this match and when it was all going south, he once again is found to be tactically wanting.

So the manager is more to blame forthat performance?

I did not see the game as was travelling but caught most of the radio commentary. I blamed both but I think the manager has to take the lion's share. He prepares the team and should be able to put out a team every week who have the mental strength and game plan to go into most games expecting a fair chance of victory.

If Ranieri can rightfully accept the plaudits for taking an average team to staggering heights (no disrespect to Leicester at all) then Martinez has to accept responsibility for the continued and consistent underperformance of this talented Everton side.

I did not see the game as was travelling but caught most of the radio commentary. I blamed both but I think the manager has to take the lion's share. He prepares the team and should be able to put out a team every week who have the mental strength and game plan to go into most games expecting a fair chance of victory.

If Ranieri can rightfully accept the plaudits for taking an average team to staggering heights (no disrespect to Leicester at all) then Martinez has to accept responsibility for the continued and consistent underperformance of this talented Everton side.
I get your point but i think some fans will now blame Martinez for every loss we have and praise the players when we win.

I could've prevented both of their goals today. Intercept the ball through to Welbeck and track back to help Funes with Iwobi. Was truly and utterly laughable from us today. Plus I'm sure I could actually complete a simple pass.

I play left wing in Sunday League btw. Never played in defence in my life except for when I had to go right-back one time (We still kept a clean sheet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back