Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That 72 points (no matter how much it's buried or 'explained' with recourse to Moyes' Magic Beans) is still our largest PL points total by some distance and proves that this manager is capable of much more in the PL than this

But the proof since, (and before, with hindsight) is a pretty solid body of work that cannot be explained away.

You can't just pick a small part of the overall data, as it backs up your own beliefs, and use that to justify them.

People are doing that on both sides of the arguments, cultists and plotters alike.

You get plotters just using home form, cultists using cup runs and points totals from two seasons ago.

Do people expect their views to be taken seriously when they only use data that suits their argument and ignore everything else, because 90% of the posts in here are just biased drivel, and that's on both sides. Davek being the worst offender. lol
Whoa whoa, it's not a data set, it's bullet points underlining the contradiction between factual statements and some newly minted core beliefs.

It doesn't alter the facts mate:

That 72 points (no matter how much it's buried or 'explained' with recourse to Moyes' Magic Beans) is still our largest PL points total by some distance and proves that this manager is capable of much more in the PL than this

That we're at Wembley and TWO results away from ending a 21 year wait for a trophy

That the only indication we have from anyone in power (i.e. NOT some nobhead like Barton or Merson or "True Blue Gwladys Street Blogger" or whatever the friggin' hell the self important bells call themselves) is that he's a great manager

They are the incontrovertible facts and what we read on here is wishful thinking at best.

'By some distance' - 7 points.

Its true, the 5th was a complete fluke.

He has finished :
16th, 15th, 15th, 18th, 5th, 11th, 12th.

1 of those seasons is not like the others.

Can't really use Wigan finishing positions as a fair comparison to ours. Keeping Wigan up was an achievement in itself for any manager.

It doesn't alter the facts mate:

That we're at Wembley and TWO results away from ending a 21 year wait for a trophy

That the only indication we have from anyone in power (i.e. NOT some nobhead like Barton or Merson or "True Blue Gwladys Street Blogger" or whatever the friggin' hell the self important bells call themselves) is that he's a great manager

They are the incontrovertible facts and what we read on here is wishful thinking at best.
Pretty poor paragraph

Followed by

Yep it is a fact, but so is 21 in 67 is an indisputable fact.

You are wrong, I am right.

Welcome to the forum mate.

He;s been here three seasons: PL points total and now we're at Wembley and reaching out for our first trophy in 21 tears.

Not bad for that time period really is it?

Thanks for the welcome, enjoying the good debate!
I agree his first season was pretty spectacular and yes we are back at Wembley, not sure who I'd prefer to play to be honest. My gripe is, with this "best squad for 30 years" why aren't we higher up the league? I know you or I don't know the answers otherwise we'd be managing everton but it seems we put all our eggs in one basket. The first season it was the league and since then it was Europe last season and the cups this season.we should be going for every game. we have a great squad, not just a great starting 11..... or am I expecting too much. I personally don't think I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back