Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not going to sack him before Norwich out of respect. Yes, things are bad and he has to go, but we have nothing to play for and there's one game left of the season. They'll just let it peter out and let him go after that. We're not as fecking classless as Man City who couldn't even stay to show their manager some respect after winning them numerous trophies the last few years. Martinez has lost the plot but he still gave us our best ever season in a long time, and I think they'll respect that by parting with him after the final game.

Understand where you're coming from, but we do have something to play for, our own pride.

But he gave us that great season 2 years ago, on the back of another managers squad/approach/work ethic. We've paid him a good wage these past two years, but enough is enough and he should go right now. He gets nothing out of staying an extra 4 days, and neither does the club!

Understand where you're coming from, but we do have something to play for, our own pride.

But he gave us that great season 2 years ago, on the back of another managers squad/approach/work ethic. We've paid him a good wage these past two years, but enough is enough and he should go right now. He gets nothing out of staying an extra 4 days, and neither does the club!

Alternatively you could say we lose nothing by having him an extra 4 days as well. I get where you're coming from too, but those higher up think with their heads and not hearts and so I'm sure they'd just rather get rid once the season is officially done and dusted.

If he goes before Sunday I won't bother going to the game as the players don't deserve to have any fans there the way they have performed this season. If he stays I will go just to ensure my voice is heard but won't be hanging around afterwards.

Alternatively you could say we lose nothing by having him an extra 4 days as well. I get where you're coming from too, but those higher up think with their heads and not hearts and so I'm sure they'd just rather get rid once the season is officially done and dusted.

I think they'll finally use their heads and get rid of him before the weekend!

Can you imagine signing off for the summer with the last performance being something similar than we saw last night?!? He's not going to mix the team up and put youth on now, instead he's going to fallback to plan A.2 with Osman in the middle and Howard in goal, and right sided cleverly on the left.

If hes still there for sunday will Billy put him through the so called lap of honour. Enough is enough he smacks of desperation every time he speaks. Surely we want to win the last match. With the clown still in charge its very doubtful. It would be interesting too, to see how the players play without tappy tappy this being forced down their throats.

Time to go Robertooo your so out of your depth you can see the titanic

Hopefully, this afternoon rumour is true and Martinez departs, how this happens is between him and the board. There is no way he can take us into the new season, the warning in relegation form, is there for all to see. If my memory serves me correctly, its one of Mr Kenwrights founding promises never to gamble with Evertons premier league status.

Or maybe don't go the the match, that would be more of a statement if the ground was empty

the club would spin it anyway, 'we were up against people taking advantage of the 20% off at B&Q sale, it's understandable why no one turned up'. I think that would let the players off the hook.

How freaked would they be if everyone sat there and stared, no comments, just silence?

Zen fume ftw... :)

Martinez is a decent man who has put his all into turning Everton into a top team. I really wanted him to succeed but it hasn't worked out. He really doesn't deserve what I think will happen on Sunday. If the board have no intention of keeping him for next season it is unfair to subject him to what will happen against Norwich.

I wish the fella well and have no animosity, it just hasn't worked.

Don't get me started on the shithouse players though.

Martinez is a decent man who has put his all into turning Everton into a top team. I really wanted him to succeed but it hasn't worked out. He really doesn't deserve what I think will happen on Sunday. If the board have no intention of keeping him for next season it is unfair to subject him to what will happen against Norwich.

I wish the fella well and have no animosity, it just hasn't worked.

Don't get me started on the shithouse players though.

You're as angry as me.

I agree with your thinking.

I genuinely felt sorry for him after watching his post match interview with sky.
He looked broken and defeated finally and he gave signs its over.

I think even he knows its the end and it hasnt worked.

I also agree that a show of MARTINEZ OUT and booing and banners is not the way to send him off , its not the Everton way but I can see why it needs to happen if the board dont make the announcement.

Time for everyone to do the decent thing including players and fans alike but mainly the board.

I'm hoping for a clean slate with a quality manager next season, for once I have absolutely no concerns whatsoever about whether any of players are staying during the summer transfer window.

In fact actually there's a couple I'd actually be quite desperate to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back