Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's a horrid injury I wouldn't wish upon anybody, never mind a player who is a joy to watch.

However, fact remains is that the City players all night backed into ours to win those little fouls, that really, aren't fouls.

Mori got all the ball. If Aguero hadn't been backing in, he wouldn't have got any of the man either.

It was defo a foul, and backing in is part of football its how you protect the ball and turn someone.

Playing for fouls is what Barkley, Sterling, Navas and Deulofeu were doing when they dribble too far and try to force the ball between people knowing full well they physically can't get through themselves and then go down. It's a bad trend that has crept in to forward play.

I do hope it didn't take you long to figure that out.

Nope I got there pretty quickly thanks.

Last night was an emotional smack in the face but losing away to City in the way we did should have absolutely nothing to do with whether Martinez is the right manager for us at the moment.

Those that say last night "tipped the balance" etc - really should just trundle down to Sports Direct* and order a full red kit. Or black and white strips. Oh and be sure to follow Soccer AM on Twitter while you're at it.

*I appreciate for some it's not possible to order off the shelf 5XL so I'll give @MoutsGoat etc a day or so to order his online.

Sorry mate, not going to discuss it with your good self then if you think that wasn't a foul. I can't stand this victim mentality. In our 3 games V City we have got away with 2 stone wall pens and a foul that led directly to us scoring. That's how it is, I'm not going to cry like a ..........(insert word of choice) when there is no way you can blame refs for the fact that of the last seventy domestic 90 minutes we have competed in we have ended up NOT winning 48 times.

I'm not trying to play the victim. I'm just presenting the facts that blaming that result in Martinez is, imo, out of order. That second goal gets spotted and ruled out, it could very well have been a different outcome and thus, different discussion.

Last night was an emotional smack in the face but losing away to City in the way we did should have absolutely nothing to do with whether Martinez is the right manager for us at the moment.

Those that say last night "tipped the balance" etc - really should just trundle down to Sports Direct* and order a full red kit. Or black and white strips. Oh and be sure to follow Soccer AM on Twitter while you're at it.

*I appreciate for some it's not possible to order off the shelf 5XL so I'll give @MoutsGoat etc a day or so to order his online.
TBF Goat said last night he should still get until the end of the season.

I'm not trying to play the victim. I'm just presenting the facts that blaming that result in Martinez is, imo, out of order. That second goal gets spotted and ruled out, it could very well have been a different outcome and thus, different discussion.
TBH mate I've spent way to long on here tonight, wasn't even gonna come on, if you're just another poster who blames everyone bar Martinez then we have little to talk about. Because only one man can change my mind and that's Mr Martinez, he can do that by improving results.

Again, and sorry for going on about it, last night was our 70th domestic game since we kicked off season 14/15 away at the KP stadium, only 21 times have we won in 90 minutes (22inc Barnsley AET) my opinion is that that isn't good enough. That's my angle.

Can you tell me why it is or if not who fault outside of Martinez it is. The buck stops with the manager in almost any business/sports team or whatever the world over, why is he immune?

So anybody that doesn't agree with your view should go support Newcastle or the neighbours?

Jeez, you sound a balanced individual!

Enjoy your ban.

TBF Goat said last night he should still get until the end of the season.

I see no benefit in sacking him now, unless we really, really cant win games.

Newcastle becomes a must win for the club, failure to get at least 3 points against 1 of the worst teams in the league, at home, will probably be it for me.

I'm not one of those people though. It's improper to use other people's arguments as ammunition against my own.

My issue is mostly with the utter lack of fight in our squad. We get a lead, take our foot off the gas, other teams get back into it, and we capitulate. It's an all too common narrative.

I don't recognise this lack of fight.

I certainly didn't see it at the Etihad a fortnight ago.

We were the first team to stop City scoring for a year, I think.

Newcastle becomes a must win for the club, failure to get at least 3 points against 1 of the worst teams in the league, at home, will probably be it for me.

See, we all have our own cut off points! Mine was losing to Swansea for the first time ever in the league, but you could pick from probably so many games this season or last.

Swansea are worse then the Geordies and we couldn't beat them either.

Disgusted that he has not, at the very least, been given a vote of confidence by the board. This takeover had better happen asap so that someone can ask this clown directly, why with such a talented squad we look so utterly useless.

Watch that KDB goal, at least 3 of our players saw it was out or at least from their POV could of been, they just turned around heads slumped into their shoulders and that's that. They should of engulfed that ref with absolute FUME.

I don't share your recollection.

But if they had engulfed the referee, what would it have achieved, apart from a handful of bookings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back