Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at Pelegrini. No thanks.

Back on topic, Roberto is about to feel a different type of pressure he hasn't seen before with the arrival and expectations of a wealthy owner with ambition.

Hopefully this new bloke will have Bobby working through the summer and not allowing him to be sitting on his backside in a TV studio for a month.

Hopefully this new bloke will have Bobby working through the summer and not allowing him to be sitting on his backside in a TV studio for a month.

Hahahahahaha oh god.

He was a pundit at the World Cup. A World Cup where any player worth buying was playing and most managers worth their salt were at the time.

He was given an analyst role meaning that he was even more likely to be able to properly assess talent - e.g. Besic.

He's gone if he fails again next season. Hardest thing for an "average" or unproven Manager is when a wealthy owner with ambitions takes over and demands success. Something the previous lot didn't do for 2 decades at Everton.

Hahahahahaha oh god.

He was a pundit at the World Cup. A World Cup where any player worth buying was playing and most managers worth their salt were at the time.

He was given an analyst role meaning that he was even more likely to be able to properly assess talent - e.g. Besic.
It destroyed his planning for the upcoming season. No positives whatsoever came from him being a pundit for the world cup.

It destroyed his planning for the upcoming season. No positives whatsoever came from him being a pundit for the world cup.

No it didn't. All the planning (or lack thereof) was done in the month before the World Cup.

There was absolutely no benefit of him sitting at Finch Farm twiddling his thumbs while the rest of the football world was out in Brazil. Any player worth signing was there and any business worth doing was only ever going to be done after the tournament.

The World Cup itself meant that many of our players returned late to pre-season and never got a proper rest - which was reflected in our performances and due to a poor pre-season in general.

Also, one benefit: We signed Besic after Martinez was able to watch him closely and in person in three games at the highest level.

The question now is with all this new investment, do we wait till the summer and get rid or do we cut our losses and hire a proven winner??

I've sat on the fence with him since day one, he completely won me over first season but since then dought has firmly crept in, it got me thinking as a blue of 31 years I should be fully behind the man not sitting on the fence. Every time I start fully backing him there's a Swansea or west brom at home and it just makes me think he'll never take us further.

I'm still firmly on the fence and if he Stays and gets us winning again it's a win all round. now the barriers have been lifted with regards to money and ambition do we try and get the top level managers, they will deffo come to Everton now we are very exciting prospect.

The question now is with all this new investment, do we wait till the summer and get rid or do we cut our losses and hire a proven winner??

I've sat on the fence with him since day one, he completely won me over first season but since then dought has firmly crept in, it got me thinking as a blue of 31 years I should be fully behind the man not sitting on the fence. Every time I start fully backing him there's a Swansea or west brom at home and it just makes me think he'll never take us further.

I'm still firmly on the fence and if he Stays and gets us winning again it's a win all round. now the barriers have been lifted with regards to money and ambition do we try and get the top level managers, they will deffo come to Everton now we are very exciting prospect.

Martinez, for now, is the right man to take this team forward. I firmly believe that and thought so even before the takeover.

This season has been incredibly frustrating but there's still plenty of time to go

Yeah, he's crap. Let's stick with the fella that's took us to the bottom half last season and has us there again in February.

Or the fella that has us playing some of the best attacking stuff we have seen in a generation (certainly my generation), with the best young players in a generation and got us to 5th in his first season. We're 6 points behind 7th place (due to not playing this weekend) and are in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

The coin has two sides, my friend

Or the fella that has us playing some of the best attacking stuff we have seen in a generation (certainly my generation), with the best young players in a generation and got us to 5th in his first season. We're 6 points behind 7th place (due to not playing this weekend) and are in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

The coin has two sides, my friend
Oh my days. Being 6 points behind 7th is a good thing? How far we have fallen since the Moyes glory years.

he'd better shape up or he could be staring at the exit door soon

can't see our new owner settling for the bottom half again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back