Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas cost us this game.

I'm sorry but 75 minutes gone, Roberto had a blinder against a better team this season and we finally looked like the team we are. Good crosses and lost legs cost us, nothing more than that
Mirallas didn't cost us the game at all, we went 2 up after he was sent off

Did he or did he not get the shape right initially with us looking very dominant and in control, despite many having a go at him being clueless for playing 3 at the back?
Yes.
After Kev the clown went and got himself sent off, did he change our shape and have us looking the better team again?
Yes.
At the halftime break, he brought on Besic as they brought on Carroll. We were comfortably the better team again, added to our lead and should have sown the game up with a missed penalty and one on one.
Got a substitution wrong, probably.
I don't understand this "tactically inept" criticism.

A lot of that is true. He set us up right, Mirallas let him down badly, and the first sub was the correct call.

But it was his game management under the cosh at critical points that has let him down regularly over the last two seasons, and this was a crystal clear example of it.

He seems to know what to do if he's given time to think about it, but can't react and find a Plan B to deal with something happening dynamically in front of him.

Again, I'm ware of going into detail like that and using terms like "game management" as the "oh look at the FM player" counter-argument will inevitably be fired at me, but in all honesty I think his lack of management skill in-game is so bad that most people in the crowd today could have handled the substitutions and balance of the side better in that second half. It's not just a bit of a weakness anymore; it's basically a crippling lack of ability to manage a team at this level.

I'm sorry but 75 minutes gone, Roberto had a blinder against a better team this season and we finally looked like the team we are. Good crosses and lost legs cost us, nothing more than that

Roberto had a blinder against a better team this season and we finally looked like the team we are.

Wrong, we looked like the team we could be

When the final whistle went, we saw the team that we are.

A team that lets slack-jawed east London bell expulsions do this

lollollollollollollol

are you for real or just another 'comedy' WUM?

Kev killed us today.

lollollollollollollollollollollollol

Yeah he did, didn't he; even though after he went off we controlled the game, scored another, got a pen and had numerous opportunities to kill the game off.

Shock horror, we fell to bits when the manager takes off our winger, puts another striker on, leaves our fullbacks totally exposed and West Ham score three goals from the left, the same side that was exposed with Lennon being taken off.

Yeah, all Kevs fault:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Still should have seen it out.

We have a very good set of players who would play good football regardless of whether me and you manage them, the manager has got to add value to the squad and right now you can't say he's doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back