Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
lollollollollollollollollollollollol

Yeah he did, didn't he; even though after he went off we controlled the game, scored another, got a pen and had numerous opportunities to kill the game off.

Shock horror, we fell to bits when the manager takes off our winger, puts another striker on, leaves our fullbacks totally exposed and West Ham score three goals from the left, the same side that was exposed with Lennon being taken off.

Yeah, all Kevs fault:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Lennon wasn't playing on the wing before he went off, he was playing alongside Lukaku and scored. It was Barkley that was playing on the left. He put Niasse on for Lennon.

75 minutes were great to be honest. Taking Lennon off was the big mistake he made today, they seemed to have that little bit more space without him tracking back.

I'm fuming with Lukaku but there's nothing Martinez can do about the chances he missed but Lennon should have stayed on

The worry for me is that the 75 minutes were great because we're a good team, then when the manager has an impact on the game he's completely ballsed it up.

He takes the most blame but Lukaku and Martinez have to accept some blame too.

Lukaku takes no blame whatsoever from me. He scored the first magnificently, made the second with 30 seconds of pure genius and put us in a position to actually win the game.

OK, he's missed a pen - it was poor but it happens. His chance late on was a really good save, but he created it by rolling his two markers.

In fact, he was absolutely brilliant today.

lollollollollollollollollollollollol

Yeah he did, didn't he; even though after he went off we controlled the game, scored another, got a pen and had numerous opportunities to kill the game off.

Shock horror, we fell to bits when the manager takes off our winger, puts another striker on, leaves our fullbacks totally exposed and West Ham score three goals from the left, the same side that was exposed with Lennon being taken off.

Yeah, all Kevs fault:coffee::coffee::coffee:
but... Naisse isn't a striker. He's a winger?

10 men killed us not replacing a winger with a winger whilst 2 up.
Perhaps in hindsight he might have put Barry on instead but you'd have only moaned at that.

If football matches were 70 mins long, then yeah let's keep him. But unfortunately they're not and in 20 minutes we tend to perform worse than a league 2 side and let leads slip into defeats.

Look at the bigger picture; this game is a microcosm of how it is under Martinez.

Ill disciplined.
Rudderless.
Horror substitutions.
No fight.
Mistake ridden.
Inexcusable decisions from both manager and players.

Its an absolute joke; we arent EVER comfortable in a game now because of our inability to defend and the managers inability to put plans in place to defend.

His record at Wigan was horrible defensively. Its horrible here.

I hoped and prayed that the club would be taken over. It has.
I hope and pray that this manager leaves.

There is no point comparing him to Moyes; there are more managers out there than Martinez and Moyes.

Its not good enough and if the club do genuinely have aspirations of competing at the top end of the league, then hopefully we may see him removed in the not to distant future.

Yes, Kev shouldnt have dived in. Yes Rom should have buried his penalty. But these things happen time and time again and nothing is done about it.

If any team wants to compete they need solid home form and an ability to defend. We have neither.

A lot of that is true. He set us up right, Mirallas let him down badly, and the first sub was the correct call.

But it was his game management under the cosh at critical points that has let him down regularly over the last two seasons, and this was a crystal clear example of it.

He seems to know what to do if he's given time to think about it, but can't react and find a Plan B to deal with something happening dynamically in front of him.

Again, I'm ware of going into detail like that and using terms like "game management" as the "oh look at the FM player" counter-argument will inevitably be fired at me, but in all honesty I think his lack of management skill in-game is so bad that most people in the crowd today could have handled the substitutions and balance of the side better in that second half. It's not just a bit of a weakness anymore; it's basically a crippling lack of ability to manage a team at this level.
I understand the frustration mate.
I just think as a manager he's 90% there, just needs a few tweaks and he'll be a top top level one.
Also, most in the crowd wouldn't have had us going 5 at the back today, yet it was the right call.
We take our chances we win this game, he brings on a like for like with Niasse and Lennon when we're getting tired and it doesn't come off.
Small margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back