Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new man will be getting the feelers out there for a replacement make no mistake

He's not going to pump 100s of millions into a club and let this idiot run it, Not a chance
2052273.jpg

Lukaku takes no blame whatsoever from me. He scored the first magnificently, made the second with 30 seconds of pure genius and put us in a position to actually win the game.

OK, he's missed a pen - it was poor but it happens. His chance late on was a really good save, but he created it by rolling his two markers.

In fact, he was absolutely brilliant today.

Agreed, thought he was man of the match.

If we'd held on we'd be hailing a brilliant striking performance.

Lennon wasn't playing on the wing before he went off, he was playing alongside Lukaku and scored. It was Barkley that was playing on the left. He put Niasse on for Lennon.

Lennon was playing alongside Lukaku but providing stability down the left. Its no coincidence that when he went off Oviedo was totally exposed

I thought if Martinez could pick up 6/7 wins from the last 12 games then maybe he would save himself. Being 2-0 up, albeit with 10 men and not getting at least a point is poor but given this is far from the first time we have blown leads, it is simply not acceptable. For me he needs to win 5/6 out of 10, I don't believe we are good enough to beat Chelsea in the cup so we will bite the dust there.
I honestly can't see how we can win 5/6 games in the run in. I think we will struggle to match the 12 wins we got last year. We are not progressing, we are flattering to deceive. Moshiri will not trust Martinez with £100 mill, I'm afraid he has simply not good enough to manage at the highest level. It is a shame that such a likable man didn't get it right but unfortunately playing good football and entertaining only gets you so far, results are what counts and Martinez just can't produce a team that consistently gets results.

Why disect this particular game? don't be bothering with that we are 3 seasons in. At this point it's just about them numbers beside the two teams in the left hand corner.

I don't give a rats ass about why it went tits up. If you tried to defend Martinez like you are doing now on every bad result for the last 2 seasons you would sound like an abused wife with a beautiful creative mind for excuses.

At this stage it's results. And I don't need to look at the details anymore. I look at the result and Martinez gets the blame by default. Not necessarily because of the game in question. But because of the past two seasons.
Shouldn't be by default mate.
Martinez is by no means the perfect manager. I'll be waiting until the end of the season to make my decision on him because as you've said results haven't been good enough.
I have however seen enough that he may be able to lead our club onto future successes.

I understand the frustration mate.
I just think as a manager he's 90% there, just needs a few tweaks and he'll be a top top level one.
Also, most in the crowd wouldn't have had us going 5 at the back today, yet it was the right call.
We take our chances we win this game, he brings on a like for like with Niasse and Lennon when we're getting tired and it doesn't come off.
Small margins.

Niasse for Lennon is nowhere near a like for like mate. Lennon has a low centre of gravity, runs the ball with decent technique, stretches the game and buys fouls.

Niasse is... erm... I have no idea yet, but I'd guess he's more of a power runner in the channels and looks for the second ball off a main striker.

I don't think anyone thought or indeed would expect him to have the same workrate defensively or the same threat in terms of technique that Lennon has.

Deulofeu would have been understandable, as he's lethal if given the ball to feet and West Ham would have had to pin themselves back a bit and stop throwing men forward at will. But Niasse... no, sorry, I can't think of a single reason that sub would have been the right call.

but... Naisse isn't a striker. He's a winger?

10 men killed us not replacing a winger with a winger whilst 2 up.
Perhaps in hindsight he might have put Barry on instead but you'd have only moaned at that.

What Niasse is a total untried player in the PL. Don;t let the facts delude you mate

2-0 up and in control, with 10 men
Change happens, we concede 3 goals in 15 minutes

But yeah, all Kevs fault lollollollollol

Lennon was playing alongside Lukaku but providing stability down the left. Its no coincidence that when he went off Oviedo was totally exposed

Exactly.

The reason we have improved recently is because Lennon gives us that cover, he isn't the mercurial genius of Del, but has a more effective all round game at the moment.

That Niasse substitution was just absolutely insane.

ah well at least we have the long awaited investment, qs would you be comfortable giving 100 mill to bobby?

I thought if Martinez could pick up 6/7 wins from the last 12 games then maybe he would save himself. Being 2-0 up, albeit with 10 men and not getting at least a point is poor but given this is far from the first time we have blown leads, it is simply not acceptable. For me he needs to win 5/6 out of 10, I don't believe we are good enough to beat Chelsea in the cup so we will bite the dust there.
I honestly can't see how we can win 5/6 games in the run in. I think we will struggle to match the 12 wins we got last year. We are not progressing, we are flattering to deceive. Moshiri will not trust Martinez with £100 mill, I'm afraid he has simply not good enough to manage at the highest level. It is a shame that such a likable man didn't get it right but unfortunately playing good football and entertaining only gets you so far, results are what counts and Martinez just can't produce a team that consistently gets results.

We still might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back