Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niasse for Lennon is nowhere near a like for like mate. Lennon has a low centre of gravity, runs the ball with decent technique, stretches the game and buys fouls.

Niasse is... erm... I have no idea yet, but I'd guess he's more of a power runner in the channels and looks for the second ball off a main striker.

I don't think anyone thought or indeed would expect him to have the same workrate defensively or the same threat in terms of technique that Lennon has.

Deulofeu would have been understandable, as he's lethal if given the ball to feet and West Ham would have had to pin themselves back a bit and stop throwing men forward at will. But Niasse... no, sorry, I can't think of a single reason that sub would have been the right call.

I don't think he's shown anything whatsoever, which is understandable because he's adjusting to a new league/culture. So why bring him in a game like this? Senseless.

Is there any possibility of starting a swear amnesty for 15-20 mins after each game? Just can't find the words to express how I feel about this whole situation without a good swear.

Lennon was playing alongside Lukaku but providing stability down the left. Its no coincidence that when he went off Oviedo was totally exposed

When Lennon went alongside Lukaku we scored. He wasn't getting back to protect Oviedo, that was up to Barkley to do.

Shouldn't be by default mate.
Martinez is by no means the perfect manager. I'll be waiting until the end of the season to make my decision on him because as you've said results haven't been good enough.
I have however seen enough that he may be able to lead our club onto future successes.

can you show the rest of us what makes you believe can lead us into the future mate ?

Sorry not seeing it

There no many managers out there who is an upgrade to be fair, I'm talking about managers we can sign. We can't get Jose or managers like him. Hiddink would be good but he 70 this year. Maybe take a risk on Gary neville or Eddie howe, if you want a defensive manager then look at Rafael. Not sure about Mancini. The best one for me is Villas boas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back