Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku takes no blame whatsoever from me. He scored the first magnificently, made the second with 30 seconds of pure genius and put us in a position to actually win the game.

OK, he's missed a pen - it was poor but it happens. His chance late on was a really good save, but he created it by rolling his two markers.

In fact, he was absolutely brilliant today.
He was brilliant up until when he missed the penalty. It was an awful penalty. If he scores that then we win the game imo. It seems a bit silly to suggest he wasn't at fault at all.

There no many managers out there who is an upgrade to be fair, I'm talking about managers we can sign. We can't get Jose or managers like him. Hiddink would be good but he 70 this year. Maybe take a risk on Gary neville or Eddie howe, if you want a defensive manager then look at Rafael. Not sure about Mancini. The best one for me is Villas boas.

So there is no manager in Europe out there who we could get who would be an upgrade on this clown???

Managers are paid to make decisions and to be fair he handled the 10 men situation well until the 75th minute, but his subsequent decisions were inexcusable, and it's not hindsight i called it immediately.
When you're down to. 10 men you don't take off an experienced wide man for a rookie, why the gamble when we were 2 - 0 up ?
Sadly Bobby you have done this too many times and we've now lost our momentum. You've lost the trust of the supporters, good luck in your next job.

There no many managers out there who is an upgrade to be fair, I'm talking about managers we can sign. We can't get Jose or managers like him. Hiddink would be good but he 70 this year. Maybe take a risk on Gary neville or Eddie howe, if you want a defensive manager then look at Rafael. Not sure about Mancini. The best one for me is Villas boas.
Gary neville? Think you need a lie down mate

Based on what? Them lot threw tons of money at Klopp and he went to them. We pay our managers very well indeed, and we've got a very talented team already, without investment.

I don't think he's shown anything whatsoever, which is understandable because he's adjusting to a new league/culture. So why bring him in a game like this? Senseless.
if we waited until we were more than two up in any match before we thought about introducing him he'd never play.

can you show the rest of us what makes you believe can lead us into the future mate ?

Sorry not seeing it
I've said it on here several times in this very thread.
I don't really want to write another long post when I've done it already.
If you want to read what I have to think on the matter, use the search function.

Shouldn't be by default mate.
Martinez is by no means the perfect manager. I'll be waiting until the end of the season to make my decision on him because as you've said results haven't been good enough.
I have however seen enough that he may be able to lead our club onto future successes.

What's gonna change in the next 10 league games,you think we going to go on a winning streak or something,mid table,4 home wins all season and we can't defend for ####.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back