Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was giving stability to the left side of our game, he goes off and we are immediatley over run, they had the freedom down their right, 3 goals came from that side. Facts

Lennon was switched to play close to Lukaku and we scored. Barkley was playing on the left to cover the left side. By playing on the left side Barkley was able to pick the ball up and set up Lukaku for his chance.

?? surely you'd want to put somebody tried and tested to get goals in that situation, or else you'd just get slaughtered by the Plotters?

oh wait, that doesn't matter does it? the Plotters don't care, the're just after a reason ANY reason to slg Bobby off and they'll make it up if they can't find one.
Martinez makes a rod for his own back.
4 home league wins in nearly 9 months you can't defend that

There no many managers out there who is an upgrade to be fair, I'm talking about managers we can sign. We can't get Jose or managers like him. Hiddink would be good but he 70 this year. Maybe take a risk on Gary neville or Eddie howe, if you want a defensive manager then look at Rafael. Not sure about Mancini. The best one for me is Villas boas.
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol

get te f....

I had a season ticket for martinez' first season. Given the ammount his name got chanted and roberto had a dream got sung if the fanbase never took to him, they did an excellent job of hiding it

You can support the team without taking to the guy.

The fact the fanbase has turned so quickly on him proves this.

Look at the bigger picture; this game is a microcosm of how it is under Martinez.

Ill disciplined.
Rudderless.
Horror substitutions.
No fight.
Mistake ridden.
Inexcusable decisions from both manager and players.

Its an absolute joke; we arent EVER comfortable in a game now because of our inability to defend and the managers inability to put plans in place to defend.

His record at Wigan was horrible defensively. Its horrible here.

I hoped and prayed that the club would be taken over. It has.
I hope and pray that this manager leaves.

There is no point comparing him to Moyes; there are more managers out there than Martinez and Moyes.

Its not good enough and if the club do genuinely have aspirations of competing at the top end of the league, then hopefully we may see him removed in the not to distant future.

Yes, Kev shouldnt have dived in. Yes Rom should have buried his penalty. But these things happen time and time again and nothing is done about it.

If any team wants to compete they need solid home form and an ability to defend. We have neither.
Spot on mate
And like you say Martinez will be under massive pressure now, and so he should be

Can't wait for our captain and manager to tell us all we will learn from this

Everton have won 21 league games out of the last 66, I don't really get this knee jerk reaction thing. If you are an Evertonian and you think that winning less than one third of the games we play is good enough then your level of expectation is less than mine. Having the £100 mill is great but only if you buy players who are coming to the club to win trophies. I fear, if there is not a significant change then we will get players who will come in to take the big wages and move on to teams who can be successful. £100 mill will improve a good team to a significant degree, it won't buy a successful team.

Everton have won 21 league games out of the last 66, I don't really get this knee jerk reaction thing. If you are an Evertonian and you think that winning less than one third of the games we play is good enough then your level of expectation is less than mine. Having the £100 mill is great but only if you buy players who are coming to the club to win trophies. I fear, if there is not a significant change then we will get players who will come in to take the big wages and move on to teams who can be successful. £100 mill will improve a good team to a significant degree, it won't buy a successful team.

What £100m will do is attract a fair few decent managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back