Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dare say we play more effective and efficient football under moyes. I can't stand moyes long ball tactic but I'm getting bald watching us passing sideways at the moment.

lets compare the average shot on goal per game now and before, and then there's shot against per game, I'm sure moyes is much better than Martinez.
Not sure what those stats would be like but Moyes also had us on 21 points after 17 games in the 2011 season with an even worse GD which the stats that count at the end of the day.

Moyes managed to turn that season round and we finished in 7th, lets give Martinez a chance to do the same.

Dunno Daz..its part of the site and there for a reason.

I dont.neg...or at least dont think so...
just because I disagree with an opinion.
You neg repped me an took 10 points off me because you did not like what i put.
You acted like a child and there is no need for it.
There are things you write which i don't agree with.

2 win is 8 is relegation form. 8 errors have lead to 8 goals. won 3 home games all season. Lack confidence, were over 10 points behind were we were last season, the performances are getting worse every single week.

Southampton have lost 5 out of 5 have there best 3 players missing and had 5 kids on there bench and they stuffed us 3-0. An a easy 3-0 at that

Errors leading to the lack of confidence.

Im still pretty certain that this is the main crux of the matter...more so than tactics or starting XI choice.

However I dont think that will be 100% clear until of the season

You neg repped me an took 10 points off me because you did not like what i put.
You acted like a child and there is no need for it.
There are things you write which i don't agree with.

Nope.

I already explained what type of posts I would generally neg. It wasmt because I disagreed with an opinion.

And again...you choose not to use rep. Fine. But you should accept its part of the site. I dont react to any of my neg rep...unless its just straight up abuse.

Spot on charlie nicholas:

"It's down to his team selections, eto'o isn't a number 10 and Barkley is being played out of his position, everything too tight in the centre of the park, baines got no room to play"
spot on , add a keeper who plays like he has lead divers boots on,gutless players who need to step up when its obviously not working and do whats needed to win a game,no matter what soft arse is telling them from the sidelines,he needs to have a good look at himself learn from it and move on ,looking more walker than kendal at the moment we need leadership on and off the pitch at the moment its lacking

Nope.

I already explained what type of posts I would generally neg. It wasmt because I disagreed with an opinion.

And again...you choose not to use rep. Fine. But you should accept its part of the site. I dont react to any of my neg rep...unless its just straight up abuse.
You acted like a little boy running to teacher and i guess you are ashamed of how you acted.
You actually seem ok when i have come across you before i have no axe to grind if thats how you roll so be it

Don't think anyone is seriously saying sack him now (hope not anyway), but if you look a month or two down the line, then if we're still like this we'd actually HAVE to. Not because we're fickle, but because the risk of relegation would be unthinkable.

If we're around 10th come end of January and not looking in imminent danger, then you just write off the season and give him another year, but Martinez is not a man I'd trust in a relegation dogfight.

Some people are tubey. but yeah the obvious scenario in which I could understand panic and wanting a change would be if we got dragged right down.

Dont think it will come to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back