Rodwell to City!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly Fellaini has played in most of the pre-season games and at Norwich. So let's put it another way. If we'd signed him for £23m going into the pre-season games would you have been happy with his contribution and his impact so far? I suspect many would be callling him a waste of money.

If I recall correctly Fellaini has played in most of the pre-season games and at Norwich. So let's put it another way. If we'd signed him for £23m going into the pre-season games would you have been happy with his contribution and his impact so far? I suspect many would be callling him a waste of money.

The thing is that ridiculous scenario isn't real life. We all know what he's capable of because he's done the business against some of the best players in the game when it really matters.

Plus he had a good game against Norwich and most would say give him time to settle.

don't understand the hate for Fellaini, he hasn't requested a transfer and he can hardly help what united do. I'd like to add someone to play with him, whether that would be Rodwell i doubt it, I honestly think he'll break into City's first team this season

1. A ball winner? No. He hacks away, invariably giving away free kicks, but a proper, tackling ball winner a la Carsley, Reid etc? No.
2. Try and recall the last time Fellaini hit a killer through ball. Difficult isn't it?
3. Yes
4. I didn't say that. I said to make the most of his unique combination of attributes requires that he's allowed to get forward, whereas in his current role he doesn't.

Name me one in the EPL. The game has changed, these players cannot ply their trade under the new rules on tackling.

Man Utd are the EPL Champions - their "ball winner" Michael Carrick
Chelsea - Ramires
Man City - Fernandinho
Arsenal - Aaron Ramsey
Tottenham - Sandro/Paulinho

Do I need to labour this point?

It's about jockeying, intercepting and getting a foot in; all of which Felliani does exceptionally well - as backed up by statistics.

Name me one in the EPL. The game has changed, these players cannot ply their trade under the new rules on tackling.

Chelsea - Ramires
Man City - Fernandinho
Arsenal - Aaron Ramsey

It's about jockeying, intercepting and getting a foot in; all of which Felliani does exceptionally well - as backed up by statistics.

I was about to say exactly this. Put someone like Peter Reid in the modern game and he'd just get sent off every week for what most see as good tackles. Look at Lee Cattermole. While obviously nowhere near as talented as Peter Reid, there's no place for him in the game. 20 or so years ago and he'd have a much better career.

Chelsea - Ramires
Man City - Fernandinho
Arsenal - Aaron Ramsey

Here are the stats my friend

http://www.eplindex.com/11381/analysing-fellaini-rivals-opta-stats.html/2

Ah don't tell me we are loosing Rodwell? Pweeese Pweese don't go to City Jack :( I know you're bigger than Everton put pweeeeeeeese don't go. Sniffle.

:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back